**

(A/N) I don't even know why I gave this song here. I couldn't find any song for this chapter. Just the second lines made me mention this song here. If you like this just play it.

.....

The sunset was beautiful, even more beautiful with the different colours surounding her. She was standing outside the car, looking at the pink orange hues colouring the sky. At her home she would usually be studying her files or guiding Kiara at this time, totally missing the incredible beauty outside her windows .

She was aware that it was time for her to go back to Mahal, after all this wandering she was tired, she had roamed around the market, rarely drinking water and exaustion has crept upon her, but she couldn't help herself, she was enjoying this after a long. She remembered coming here with Kabir for trying some bangles and veils. They have enjoyed the day without bickering. 

The yellowish brown hue decorated the sky. It isn't that she had not seen sunset in these days, infact she had seen many but she has never been absorbed in her surroundings like she was today, she was among her people, the people who had always treated her as the daughter of their own when she was younger. The loud laughter of women and children, the colours of various georgette fabrics decorating the market, and sweet music around her were soothing her stress. 

This was one of the reasons why England never felt home, everything was too white, or it was always lacking the diversity that India shared. India has long been associated with colours, the ones which held their significance along with the festivals which are celebrated here. 

The love of colour extends to everyday life as well. The women here wear bright colourful sarees, adorned with reflective mirrors, shiny threads and topped with gold. The men are no less colourful with their turbans, kurtas and scarves. They enhance the beauty of this place, the beauty you would see on everyturn in India.

The diversity of flora and fauna, the diversity of their culture, their ethics sometimes leaves her baffled, that beyond this diversity the people living here truely have a sense of unity in them. They maybe were of different caste or belonging to different religions yet they share the same blood of one mother, their mitti and that was enough to conquer the whole world.

It was always the colourfullness of the South Asian countries that have enchanted her. The visits to Pakistan and Turkey have left her mesmerised, the beauty of Masjids and Tombs, the food and the culture were so intriguing. 

"Thank God, you are fine. ", she opened her eyes, the panic-stricken voice of Kabir had vanished her thoughts making her look at the man in front of her, the sun has set a few moments ago leaving the sweet warmth behind .

The man was holding her shoulders looking for any of the injuries, leaving her looking at his thick long eyelashes and worried face.

"Okay, I am alright, what would even happen to me? ", she asked in the soft tone. The care in his action were pulling her to him.

Kabir lifted his hands from her shoulder and put them behind his back. 

" Get in the car, we are going back to Mahal right away and I'll explain everything to you in the car only. ", he softy said moving back and ordering the gaurds to take her car with them .

In a few moments they were driving off towards the Mahal, the car comprising of their secretaries who were seated quitely, leaving Kabir to talk on his phone and Aditi to look outside the window .

Though Kabir looked quite composed, Aditi could still feel his stiffness, being known him for years she could tell there was something troubling him, but what it was she has no idea.

"One of the shops you were to visit today was bombed an hour ago with some sort of mild poisonous gas. ", he said, his voice monotone. 

She moved her hand to hold his, saying nothing. He squeezed hers.

...

She has been silent since she has heard his words, what if she was there at that shop, what if the bomb had blasted then and there only, she would not be here, standing and being hugged by her sister and two cousins, who were sobbing in her arms. Her brother was sitting there with his head clutched in hands.

How some things happen that make a bubbly person quiet, their usual quirky words suddenly comes to a halt. The shock overpowers the speaking ability, they are not able to understand how to form coherent words and they just remain silent for the time being .

Aditi was looking quite shaken up, her face was stained with tears so her father has hugged his older daughter telling her to take rest and asked her secretary to take her to her bedroom. He had ordered the other children to go to their rooms to rest too. Nodding at Kabir, he asked him to go to Aditi's bedroom after a few hours, since the man would be staying in Chauhan Mahal for the rest of the day .

---

She had gone silent , the usual chirpiness of her was replaced by silent blinking and that has made Kabir Singh Rajput more concerned about her well being. He was regretting ever telling her about the purposeful incident that have taken place few hours ago .

He was here in her room with their dinner, thinking she would atleast say something or tell him off, but she was laying idly fiddling with the red comforter around her. The food is yet to be touched by two of them. Kiara was sitting in the balcony, not ready to leave Aditi for a moment. The eighteen year old had cried a river.

" Are you going to sit there all night doing nothing? ", he asked, not able to take the suffocating silence any longer. He was not used her not speaking, they were that kind of children in their childhood who could not be put together in same room for various reasons .

The one reason being the verbal fights they would get into which would eventually lead to fist fights and one of them would get punched. The reason why their mothers never left them together. Eventually when they grew the fist fights had stopped but the verbal fights had accelerated where none of them would back down .

But when her mother passed away five years ago their verbal fights were not exactly lethal, they somehow have developed understanding but somehow they still managed to get on each others nerves .

" Do you want me to come there with morsels to stuff them in that frowny mouth of yours ? "

" Kabir, what if they attack again? ", she asked finally breaking the extending silence, it was the only thought that was circling in her mind. She had heard how many people were sick because of that gas and how many were admitted in the hospital, she was scared, if something like this happens again, it would not only her who would be affected but the her people would face problems .

" We will fight then. ", he said sitting next to her, placing the tray in her hands. He was sure of what he has said, they will not back down without a fight. 

" But you need strength for that. Saari taakat to mujhse ladhne me waste kardeti ho. Aur taakat ke liye khana pdhta hai, chalo khao. " (All your strength gets waste on fighting me. And you have to eat for strength, so come on let's eat.)

" Ladti mein nahi, tum ho . Subah bhi tumne hi shuru hue thi. " (I don't fight, you do. It was you who started in the morning too.)

" You were looking hideous in those clothes. "

" Kabir !! "

He just chuckled.

Softly wiping away her tears, he fed her, his one hand clutching her duvet covered hand. She silently gazed at him, as he placed the morsel in her mouth, they haven't talked nicely for 5 years and that was a long time. Today his concern have made her question their past choices.

Dil se sun piya ye dil ki daastaan

Jo lafzon mein nahi ho bayaan

Humsafar humraaz tu

Jism main aur saans tu

Rehna mere paas tu yun sadaa...

...