Noor was silently ushered by Shah Mir to the room where she woke up that morning after being abducted. 

Shah took the familiar room in. The memories they had in this very room. The light four walls with old intricate patterns on it.

Noor stood stiff seeing her father who looked right now more vulnerable than she has seen in the years before. She has started to connect the dots but could not seem to get the right figure.

Before she could utter 'abba', the man spoke. 

" Hoorie Malik, your mother and Me, her only cousin were friends since childhood, before our parents decided to marry us off. Gradually and happily our first three years of marriage went. She was heavily pregnant with you and in last few weeks of her trimester. When one day everything got destroyed. 

Due to work, I was out that day and was coming back when I saw your mother on the ground, she had fainted. It is normal in pregnancy but the difference was that your mother's water had break and she was in a critical condition. The caretaker we had was also out that day without informing. We had rushed to the doctor immediately. Your mother was still unconscious when she got in labour. 

The chances for her survival were very low, yours were more but the doctor still asked for my opinion. I never wanted to choose between you two. I asked the doctor for her opinion and she said we should pick you. Taya Jaan, your grandfather who arrived a few minutes before was wary of her words so he asked just to do the operation since we could not waste time in deciding. 

The C-section was done and they were not able to save your mother. You were saved and were under observation for a month. I had never been more guilty and in pain before that day. Your grandfather and uncle has blamed me and to an extent he was right. ", Shah Mir placed his head in his hands as the tears flowed down his eyes.

" Galti aapki nahi thi abba, galti aapki nahi thi. ", Noor sobbed. (It wasn't you mistake father, it wasn't your mistake.)

" Beta humein pata hai magar humare andar bhot guilt thi. Hum aapki ammi ke pass tab nahi tha jab humein hona chahiye tha. Aap kabhi apni ammi se nahi mil payi, kabhi bhi apne dosto ki tarah apni ammi ka pyaar nahi mila. Aur phir apni guilt mein, humne aapko bhi khud se door kar diya. Hum aapse nazrein nahi mila skte the aur shayd aaj bhi na mila payein. Humein maaf kar dijiye, humari wajah se aapko na Ma ka pyar mila na hi baap ka. Lekin yakeen karein humne door se hi aapki hifazat karne ki har koshish kari. Jitna hum kar sakte the. "

(Child, I know but there was a lot of guilt in me. I was not with your mother when I should have been. You never got to meet your mother, you never got the love of your mother, like your friends did of theirs. And in my guilt, I had distanced you from me. I was not able to meet your then and may not even today. Forgive me, because of me you neither got the love of a mother nor of a father. But believe me, I made every effort to protect you from a distance. As much as I could.)

" Jab aap huyi thi toh aapke nana jaan ne aapke liye Asher ki baat kari thi, vo chahate the ki ghar ki beti ghar me hi aaye. Us waqt humnein haan kar di thi, kyunki unki tabyat kaafi khraab ho gayi thi, lekin fir hum unke intekaal ke baad Abbottabad aa gye. Hum apki ammi ke ghrwalo ko, unki narazgi ko face nahi kar sakte the. Waqt beet ta gaya, hum unse nahi mile. Shayad Asher ko pata chal gya tha ki hum aapke liye kisi ladke ko dhoondh rae the. Isiliye usne aapko agava karwa liya. "

(When you were born, your maternal grandfather had talked about Asher for you, he wanted the daughter of the house to come in the house only.  At that time, I had said yes, because his health had deteriorated, but then we came to Abbottabad after his death. I could not face your mother's family, their resentment. Time passed, we never meet them. Maybe Asher got to know that I was looking for a boy for you. That's why he got you kidnapped.)

He answered her unasked question.

" Aapne humein kabhi kuch kyun nahi btaya? ", Noor whispered. (Why didn't you ever told me anything?)

" Kabhi kabhi insaan ki guilt or insaan ka dard uske pyaar se badhkar ho jaata hai. Magar aaj humein pachtawa ho raha hai ki humnein aapko kabhi aapki family ke baare mein nahi btaya. Aapki ammi ke baare mein bhi nahi. Magar aaj bhi vo log humein apnane ko taiyaar hai.

(Sometimes the guilt and the pain of a human being becomes more than his love. But today, I regret that I never told you about your family. Not even about your mother. But even today, those people are ready to accept us. )

" Abba aap maan jayein, humein yaha 2 din me hi kafi accha lagne laga hai. Aur jab yeh hmare hi gharwale hai toh humein yaha rehne ka aur mann hai. Aap baaki sab Allah ke hawale kar dein. ", she placed her head on her father's shoulder clutching his arm.

(Father you just agree, I have started feeling very good here in only these 2 days. And since this is my family, I want to stay here more. You just give everything in the hands of God. )

Her father nodded patting her head. 

A few moments later they all moved down. 

" Sab thik? ", asked Asher who was leaning against the wall while Shah Sahab went and sat beside Nafeesa Malik's feet. (Everything alright?)

Noor nodded standing beside him.

" Tumhe sab kuch pata tha na? " (You knew everything, didn't you?)

" Of course. That is why I kidnapped you. Now you go with the girls to get ready. Guests will be arriving in an hour. "

" Aren't you too excited? "

" Of course I am. ", he huskily whispered. His lips slowly brushing against her ear.

She just blushed at the proximity and ran off towards Farisha who was sitting beside the girls on the dining table with a bowl of ubtan on it.

...

" Amma jaan yeh sab kya chal raha hai? ", Junaid Malik asked his mother after entering in the mansion. (Mother what is this going on?)

" Hmari Noor ki rukhsati ki taiyari ho rahi hai. " (Our Noor's rukhsati is happening.)

" Shah Sahab mein itni jaldi akal aa gayi? ", he asked shocked. He had awaited to welcome the girl in her family. He already knew about the nikaah from Asher on the call. The poor boy heard a few curses from his father for marrying in his absence. (Shah Sahab got in his senses, this soon?)

" Voh toh aani hi thi bhai, tumhare bete ne humari beti se agava karkr nikaah jo kar liya tha. ", Shah muttered entering Nafeesa Malik's room. (They have to come brother, your son kidnapped our daughter and got married.)

" Ab tumne uske pass koi raasta hi nahi chodha tha. ", Both the son and mother mumbled. (You didn't left any option to him.)

" Bhai ko gale nahi lgayenge Junaid? " (Won't you hug your brother Junaid?)

The cousins hugged each other.

...

" Asher nahi, mein keh rahi hun tumse. Varna aaj raat tumhe room mein entry nahi milegi. ", Noor warned trying to open the door of the room. (Asher no, I am telling you. Otherwise tonight you will not get entry in the room.)

It was the time for mayon function, Noor had changed herself waiting for Farisha to bring her the dress for the function. Suddenly the door opened and in came Asher with Ubtan. And then the game of cat and mouse began.

Asher blocked her between his arms. 

" Noor, ubtan lgane se tumhare me aur noor aa jayega. Aur Kamre ki keys hai mere pass. Entry toh mil hi jayegi. Aur sabse pehle ubtan lgane ka haq to mera banta hai. " (Noor, with this paste your face will glow more. And I have keys of the room. I will get the entry. And it is my right to apply the ubtan first.)

With that he applied the ubtan on his face and put his palm on the side of neck and softly glaced her face with his and moved of the door leaving a shy Noor behind. 

In love.

...

E.N.D