She looked around herself, the girls moving in and out of the room, leaving bangles, clothes, makeup and whatever they were asked to bring. Yet one lady was constantly standing outside the door of her room, glaring holes with her tube light like eyes.

But Noor didn't look back, not wanting any drama. She looked at her bandaged foot, which she has forgotten about earlier, when andernaline kicked in. Now she regrets running down the stairs like that. 

She looked at her mehendi that has been applied on her hands after the whole drama in the morning. She has protested a lot, but had to give in.

The mehendi has already dried two hours ago and now she was trying to rub the dried henna off. The colour was rich maroon, the design simple yet beautiful.

If she was getting married by will, she would have enjoyed the things. But she was not, yet she has left all the things to Allah. She has questioned his plans many time in the past and now she would not. 

Her father must have been oblivious to his surroundings, deep buried in making business strategies, totally forgetting about a girl he had left at home. He must be unaware that her daughter would be the wife of her captor, tomorrow morning.

Naima Aunty, Asher Junaid Malik's mother has called the shopkeeper for Nikkah attire, and she would be called down for that whenever the man will arrive.

" Ammi apko bula rahi hai, jaldi chalein, aapke liye kapde aaye hai. " (Ammi is calling you, come fast, clothes have come for you.)

Farisha, Asher's sister, who have introduced herself earliar, cheerfully dragged a limping Noor behind her.

" Mehendi lagwayi hai mere liye ? ", an amused voice halted her in her tracks, Farisha looked at her brother and moved away. ( You got henna applied for me? )

There stood her captor leaning beside the staircase in white and black salwar kameez. 

" Nahi, khud ke liye. " ( No, for myself. )

" Accha, wese mehendi tum pr bdhi achi lg rhi hai . " (oh, by the way mehendi is looking good on you.)

" Tum pr isse zyada achi lgegi." (It will look better on you.)

In a few seconds, she has taken cone of mehendi from nearby table and spread the dark green paste on his kurta and moved away leaving the dark eyed man astonished.

...

Looking at the white dresses she let out a sigh. The ghararas and shraras looked to plain for her taste. Again the nikkah was not happening by her permission, but she could not help herself. Being the woman who was basically in love with the clothes she wear, she wanted to look different on her wedding.

Alas, the people here don't get that. The girls were trying the dresses on her while she stood like a mannequin.

She rolled her eyes.

Suddenly a golden and white dress caught her eye. A simple anarkali, not some gharara or sharara. She sighed with relief.

Finally, she found a dress for herself after two long hours.

Stepping forward she took the  hold of the dress and showed it to the ladies.

" Yeh kis angle se tumhe nikaah ka jodha lgta hai?  ", the lady who was glaring at her taunted.  (From which angle does this look like a wedding dress?)

" Har angle se. ", she replied rolling her eyes.(From every angle.)

" Dekho chup chap koi gharara choose krlo, hum sabka time barbad mat kro. " (Look, quietly choose some gharara, don't waste all our time.)

" Apne 2 paise ka opinion apne pass rakho. " (Keep your 2 penny opinion to yourself.)

" Kya kaha tumne abhi!! " (What did you just say!!)

" Ladkiyon muh band kar ke beth jao warna pit jaogi mujhse. " (Girls sit silently or else you will receive good beatings from me.), Nafisa silenced the girls, the glaring girl just grumbled while Noor just stayed silent. 

" Farah usse jo pehenna hai, vo pehenegi. Tum kal ke liye taiyari kro jakar. ", Nafisa added leaving no room for argument, while Noor just gave the old woman a big smile.(Farah she will wear whatever she wants to wear. You go and prepare for tomorrow.)

Maybe she could convince her.

...

Maybe not.

She glanced at herself. The white anarkali hugged at right places yet not highlighted her any curve. The red rose gajras made the dark maroon colour of her mehendi more prominent.

Staring at her hazel eyes in the mirror she remembered her mother, who she never met. The woman who gave up her life to bring her daughter in this not so good yet beautiful world.

Today she just remembered her mother, not her father, who would rarely speak to her. Being the only child she had sharpen her tongue to not let anyone harm her. And just saw his father's indifference.

She has seen the girls who have elder siblings, who would protect them from any problem. She had heard their bickering many times and always yearned for a big brother who would come and take her away to some happy place.

Today she missed everything she used to see in her friends wedding ceremony.

Swiping a finger under her eye, she sat down and waited for the girls who would take her downstairs. 

In moments a few girls entered giggling to themselves. They gushed over her, touching her hair and makeup. Farisha just looked at her, smile and moved forward.

" Accha hai aap meri bhabhi banengi. Itni khoobsurat bhabhi mein hi deserve karti hun. ", she said tucking Noor's red dupatta over her head. (Its good that you will be my sister-in-law. Only I deserve such a beautiful sister-in-law.)

Noor just giggled at her. We would be best friends.

Helping her they moved down the stairs towards the room where Asher Junaid Malik will become her Majazi Khuda.

The thin peach parda seperated the groom's side and bride's side. She silently sat beside Asher's grandma holding her hand. She has talked to the woman a few minutes before she got ready. 

His grandma has just took her hand and read her a few verses of Quran to ease her mind. She helped her calm her nerves, when Noor told about not having her mother, who already knew this information. She let the girl cry in her lap and kept her tears to herself. 

Now as Noor Shah held the wrinkly hand of her to-be grandmother-in-law, she felt herself closest to her mother, she has ever been. 

" Bhai aapko khush rakhenge. ", Farisha whispered beside her, while she nodded. Or she could just make him do that. (Brother will keep you happy.)

The moment she said the third ' Qubool hai ', the parda was lowered. She has become the wife of Asher Junaid Malik. (I accept.)

Noor Asher Malik.

The Mabrooks rung around the newly wedded couple. The sweets got distributed, while she just remained in Nafisa Malik's embrace. 

" Allah tumhara naseeb accha kare. ", The older woman patted the younger one's head giving her blessings. (May Allah bless you.)

In a few moments Asher was beside her, sitting just a few inches away.

" Welcome to your family, Mrs Noor Asher Malik. ", he huskily whispered in her ear. 

...