💕Arshad ki Kashaf✔

Kashaf sighed as she looked at the Mathematics book again. Her mind wasn't here. It was somewhere else. Lost in the cries echoing in the house. Her almond eyes kept flickering to the door that was locked from outside, keeping the loud sounds from reaching her, but it wasn't possible. Not when the cries were of her own mother for her own blood. But there wasn't any tear in her eyes. They have dried, taking a form of anger that was swirling in her dark orbs.

Knowing the problems in her life were bigger than the one in mathematics book, she threw the brown covered book on the hard wood table, which sat down with a bang.

She took her dupatta from the chair and moved to the door.

" Sarwat bhabhi darwaza kholein, bahir aana hai mujhe. ", she yelled, as her palms slapped the door loudly.

(Sarwat bhabhi open the door, I have to come out.)

" Kashaf, tum andar hi raho. Amma ne mana kiya hai darwaza kholne ko. "

(Kashaf, stay inside. Amma has asked not to open the door.)

" Bhabhi agar aapne darwaza na khola toh main khidki ke raaste aa jaungi. "

(If you do not open the door, then I will come through the window.)

" Pagal ho gayi ho tum! ", Sarwat hastily opened the door, coming face to face with the girl, whose eyes have gone bloodshot. Her pink Salwar Kameez looked like it has come from the pot. Her dark hair disheveled from the amount of times she ran her hands through them.

(Have you gone mad!)

" Kya karun aap sun hi nahi rahin thi. ", she muttered moving out from under her arm.

(What should I do, you were not listening.)

" Dekho tum choti ho tumhara jaana sahi nahi hai wahan. ", Sarwat held the her elbow, resisting her from going downstairs.

(Look you are young, it is not right to go there.)

" Ismein main choti hun, baaki har cheez mein badi hun. Huh? ", Kashaf's eyes flashed with anger.

(For this I am young and for other things I m old. huh?)

Sarwat looked away from her.

" Chorain mujhe. ", she snatched her arm from her grip and ran down the stairs, her feet taking her to her dadi's room, where all the elders sat surrounding her mother, who was crying on her mother-in-law's chest, her dainty body heaving with sobs.

(Leave me.)

Without speaking a word to anyone, she sat behind her mother, wounding her arms around her torso and placing her forehead on her mother's shawl clad head.