Chapter 23

Hello! I hope you all enjoy this chapter! There's a lot of moving parts so try to keep up!!

I'm replying to everyone's comments for the next 48hrs and maybe more.

Who watched Hamilton on Disney+?? I didn't because I don't have Disney+ but I watched it live a couple years ago and I'm obsessed!!! Do you have a favorite song?

|| Chapter 23 ||

Our annual fourth of July party was in full swing by one in the afternoon. Dad and all his buddies were by the grill, cooking up a thousand different meat options while mom and her friends were setting up the salads and drinking cocktails.

Aunt Jenna is sitting with our three-year-old cousin, her son, Baby Josh, on the grass with a few toys around him. Abigail, our other cousin who is thirteen years old is standing with Maddie and her friends as they slide down the slip 'n slide my mother ordered off Amazon that has a small inflated pool attached to it. Sebastian and his friends, including Nathan, are jumping on the jumping castle throwing plush dodgeballs at Charlotte and her friends. Harry and a few of his childhood friends are playing a 'non-alcoholic' version, yeah right, of beer pong and Natalie, his girlfriend is surprisingly beating them all.

"I'm just like, in shock," Addison laughs breathlessly as she looks around my backyard. "I mean, you're rich, rich."

I roll my eyes with a small smile on my face, "Not a big deal, we don't like to flaunt it."

She leans her head back as she looks me in the eyes, opening her arms widely, gesturing to the yard, "Right because I mean six acres of property in California isn't a statement enough." She spins around on one foot taking it all in again, "What do your parents do again?"

"Mom's a neurosurgeon, dad owns a law firm," I shrug, trying to make it sound as uncool as possible.

"Fuck, I'm not smart enough for those jobs," she laughs, taking a sip of her soda.

I wave to my Aunt Jenna as we walk passed her and Addison coos over Baby Josh. "So, let me make sure I have all the information; Harry is the oldest, lives in San Francisco with his girlfriend," I nod my head, "Charlotte goes to Columbia in New York City, super fucking cool just by the way. Sebastian goes to school in Florida for engineering and he chose to be closer to his girlfriend, who is also Charlotte's best friend, Olivia?" She looks over and I nod my head impressed. "And Sophie is his twin who is dating his best friend Cole, and they look a-dorable just saying," she points over and I watch Sophie tackle Cole making him yell out and fall backwards onto the bottom of the jumping castle. "The there's Maddie, the bad bitch of the family even though she's ten."

"I mean Sebastian would fight you over giving Maddie the title of 'Bad Bitch' but yeah, you got it all right." She throws a fist in the air in celebration.

We walk further down the grassy hill, "Okay, now where are your friends? I'm dying to meet them, "Loretta would not shut up about your friends, and your family, apparently your family members are like legends in this town, just in case you didn't know," she winks, nudging me with her elbow and I roll my eyes.

A whistle breaks my train of thoughts as Isaac walks up to us with a glass in his hands, "Damn, your family really knows how to party."

I chuckle lightly, "Yeah." Addison stands there quietly a genuine smile on her face. "Isaac this is Addison, she just moved here."

Addison smiles brightly, holding her hand out for Isaac to shake. "You're the guy from the gas station! I'm the kidnapper!" She says this with such a cheery voice that Isaac seems a little lost for a few seconds before a smile breaks out on his face.