Chapter 33

Friendly Reminder to read Chapter 32 then 33 and finally the Epilogue since I posted this all at once, lol!

As per usual I will reply to any comment posted on this chapter in the next 3 days!!

Can't wait to see what you think!

Enjoy!

|| Chapter 33 ||

A piece of paper slams down on the dining room table in front of me. I don't touch it, instead I read the top of the page and my eyes widen. "You're making me sign a contract?"

My father and mother sit down across from me. My father has his no nonsense lawyer face on and my mother's hands are clasped together on the table. "We believe that this is our only solution for you," my father replies in a calm tone.

I rest my hand on the mini stack of papers and slide it back to them. "I'm not signing anything without a lawyer present, I know my rights." I fold my arms across my chest.

"Crap," my mother mutters, "This was so much easier when we did it to Sebastian."

"That's because Sebastian is a chump." I look back and forth between both my parents. "I would like my lawyer present."

My father places one hand on the table, sliding the contract back over to me. "You don't have a lawyer."

"Then I'll represent myself."

I pull the contract to me but right before I open it my father stops me, "You can't represent yourself."

I arch an eyebrow. "And why not? If there is no one present that is capable, I am legally allowed to represent myself."

My father doesn't even blink. "No, because if you represent yourself you're going to try get this case dismissed and that is never going to happen."

My lips purse in thought before I loudly announce, "Then I call Madeline Hayes to represent me."

Maddie walks into the room a few moments later, still in her bright purple pajamas. "What am I doing?"

I gesture to the seat next to me. She sits down carefully. "You're my acting lawyer in a case against me."

She raises an eyebrow. "Am I the prosecutor?"

"No, I'm the defendant," I inform her. She nods her head once, scanning through the pages slowly.

Maddie sits up a little straighter and looks my father dead in the eye. "You expect my client to sign this contract when she gets no benefits from it?" I lean back in my chair and am tempted to put my hands behind my head but I know that that is being too cocky. "She has to stop any and all illegal activities for the next school year to avoid a-fourth suspension?" She whips her head to face me in complete shock.

I shrug my shoulders, "It's been a long standing fight with the law little sis."

Maddie nods her head, mulling over our options. "What does my client receive at the end of this school year if she upholds your rules?"

My mothers face is one of complete shock and confusion as she watches her youngest child, negotiate. "You are not allowed to go to work with your father anymore."

"We're willing to pay for her college tuition," my father ignores my mothers comment and circles back to the conversation at hand.

Maddie scoffs leaning back in her seat, "In what universe would you not be paying for her college tuition?"

"In the universe where she gets suspended again." My mother looks at my father with wide eyes, clearly blind sided at his statement.

Maddie catches the look and proceeds to smirk. "Then what will the college fund assigned in her name be used for?"