Chapter 3

After a long 30 minute drive, Reed guided me out of the limousine and I looked up to see a huge building in front of me.

It didn't look like a house, but more of a large bunker. We were in the middle of nowhere and I was silently praying that this wasn't where they were going to keep me.

I couldn't spend the rest of my life in a cell. I refuse.

"Come on, everyone's waiting for me." Reed said, grabbing me by the elbow and dragging me down the gravel path.

"Who's everyone? Where are we?"

"Would you stop whining? I'll explain everything you need to know later, but for now you just need to follow me."

"You're so friggin' bossy, just let me go home!" I yelled as he continued to drag me.

"Not gonna happen Princess, you witnessed a murder and witnesses do not get to live freely. You belong to me now and you should just be glad to be alive. Besides, I'm bossy because I am the boss so don't piss me off."

"I-"

Before I could argue, we entered the bunker and I found myself stood in front of a couple of hundred people. My mouth gaped open as shock took over. Reed sat me down in a chair at the side of the room as he stepped up onto a small stage.

Who is this guy? And who are all of these people?

"Vipers, listen up! We are expecting a large shipment tomorrow and I want everyone's guard up. The people delivering are known for their tricks and we won't accept it."

He went on for a good 15 minutes talking about things that I had no idea about and I began to zone out. I needed answers soon though, I couldn't stand the idea of being stuck here with no idea of what's going on. I refuse to become his useless hostage.

"Okay, everyone clear out. Capo Regime's hold back." he bellowed across the hall.

The crowd quickly dissipated and there were only a few people left standing. They all looked equally frightening, wearing leather jackets with knives strapped to their ankles and pistols in their back pockets. None of them could match Reed though, they looked sweet and friendly compared to him. 

"Julia, come here." he commanded.

I slowly walked over to him, scowling at him to make my annoyance clear. I looked down from the stage and faced the small group of people.

"Remember these faces because you're going to be seeing them frequently." he whispered over to me.

I rolled my eyes at him, I can't believe that I could be stuck under his command for the rest of my life. I was quite content with my life before he came along.

"You've already met Blade and Cyrus. They're my second and third in command. Then there's Jason, Marcus and Ethan." he pointed towards three men stood together as they lifted their heads to greet me.

"Then there's Mateo, he's also my brother-in-law." he said, looking towards a tall, slim man with a nose ring. It was hard to think of a man like Reed having any family at all. He seemed too emotionless to care about people.

"And finally Tris." he pointed towards the last person standing, who was also the only female of the group. She looked the most daunting of them all. She had half of her head shaved with the rest of her jet black hair flopping over to one side. She wore a nose ring as well as multiple earrings and I guessed from her hands that she had tattoo sleeves hidden under her jacket.

"The people in this room are my most trusted and best fighters. You can rely on them and you'll most likely get to know them over time."

Over time. I'm going to be stuck here forever and there's nothing I can do about it.

Heartlessजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें