Chapter 29

(I recommend listening to the song throughout the whole chapter)

Julia's POV

As we drove away from the ball, I could see Reed stood at the top of the stairs.

He looked so angry. So sad.

I hated to see him like this but honestly, he could only blame himself.

I'd had enough of feeling like this. We were obviously never going to be together so it was time that I moved on.

As Blade drove us to Ivy's place, I couldn't take my eyes away from the window.

I wiped my mascara stained cheeks as silent tears ran down my face once more.

"I'm sorry Julia, but we'll help you get through this. You can stay with me as long as you like." Ivy said, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"Thank you. I'm sorry for ruining your night guys." I sniffled.

"You didn't ruin our night Jule, actually, I know it's pretty bad timing but...should we tell her?" Blade asked Ivy from the drivers seat.

"Tell me what?"

"Blade asked me to be his girlfriend tonight." Ivy smiled.

"Really? Oh my- that's great news you guys."

"Thanks and don't worry. I'm certain that you'll find happiness soon...you're just going through a little rough patch." Ivy said.

"She's right and we'll make sure that you feel better in no time."

"You guys really are the best. I don't know what I did to deserve you."

~

After about a 10 minute drive, we eventually arrived at Ivy's apartment block.

The Vipers' owned multiple blocks for the members.

Ivy lived in the recruits block, seeing as her situation was pretty rare. She still wasn't sure who'd saved her the night she arrived at Reed's.

Most of the fighters lived in one of Reed's apartment blocks, but those with families tend to just own their own homes.

Blade and the other Capo Regimes all lived in their own apartments or houses in the same neighbourhood as Reed, seeing as they were all pretty high up.

I was just happy to have a place to stay. Ivy's apartment was really cute and showed her personality perfectly.

The whole apartment had a colour scheme of pink and white and you could immediately tell it belonged to Ivy.

Luckily, she had a spare bedroom for me to stay. All of these apartments were pretty big for this area, but Reed was a billionaire so I wasn't surprised.

"Will this room be okay?" Ivy asked.

"It's perfect Iv, thank you."

"Well I'm sure you're pretty tired, so you can borrow a set of my pyjamas before we pick up your stuff tomorrow. Blade and I were going to order some pizza if you want to join?"

"Don't worry about me, I think I'm just going to get some sleep. Enjoy your night together."

"Thank you Julia, sleep well." she said before giving me a hug and leaving me to my new room.

Of course it was a lot smaller than my bedroom at Reed's house and it'd take a while to get used to the drastic change in size, but this apartment was still bigger than my old one was and I was grateful for everything Ivy was doing for me.