Chapter 12

"I should have known that you wouldn't have fallen for it. It saves me the need to explain about the basics at the very least." The voice was also pretty different, it wasn't one voice, it was a composite of nearly 1,000 voices blended together. That must be the voices of each and every avatar bending together. There wasn't quite any properties to the voice but I wouldn't be able to forget thy voice ever.

This thing is the practical example of a paradox. Everything from this voice to actions to senses and even its existence is a complete paradox.

"2 questions. Why me and how strong."

"Predictable but respectable questions. The avatar wasn't supposed do die. Fate was broken and the Next avatar wouldn't be born until aang was supposed to die at age 68. The next avatar wouldn't have even been born as her parents wouldn't have survived. The entire chain would have collapsed. Only the lion turtles would start life all over again.The only way I could salvage the situation was to place the closest souL, into the body of the avatar."

"And for the second question Much stronger than the fiction you know of. The fire lord is a much bigger threat in bending but so are you."

"Final question before the nearly set sun leaves. Am I the avatar? Or a different type of avatar.?"

" You are the avatar. I have connected you to the avatar cycle, the only change is that the next avatar will be born when she should have been born if none of this had happened. You will be able to enter the avatar state and only vaatu could notice a slight change. My time here has nearly ended. I must depart, sadly"

"Sure sure. Call on me if the spiritual world needs some fixing."

The moment I finished talking, the winter solstice ended and my eyes opened in the physical world. Guess that explains a lot. At least I sent need to worry about being exposed, Raava is on my side and vaatu is an unreliable source for anyone to trust. Stil this was a major gamble that I won.

I walked out of the room, leaving the soldiers tied up. I saw katara and sokka eating some meat over a campfire. I jumped straight form the temple to them and said"hi guys"

"Aaahaa"" ahaahahahahahahahahah" surprisingly or unsurprisingly the girliest scream wasn't from the girl in the group. Ahh sokka you never get old.

" Sokka at least scream a little less loudly. I managed to sneak around and I got to talk to avatar Roku. He had some very interesting and depressing news for me."

"tell me" Sokka seemed most curious to the words of such a wise figure.

"Yeah tell us please," Katara was also pretty curious but that has to be expected.

" There is a comet coming in one a full year. It will empower the entire fire bending nation to broken degrees. It is almost like water bending on a full moon but many many times stronger. The previous fire lord had used sozins comet to annihilate all the airbending temples."The scope of being able to destroy an entire way of life and bending in just a single night was more than enough to horrify them.

"What!!! How can we defeat them then?"

"My bending will never be strong enough for that"

"We have one Opportunity. The solar eclipse. That's it. They lose their ability to bend during this."

They seemed extremely relieved hearing such an positive moment to concentrate out efforts into.

"The only other way to stop them would to also firebend. And since I am the only person who can actually firebend, I would nee to confront the fire lord all by myself."

"Appa let's head to the water tribe, it should Take around a month of travel to reach the he tribe without any setbacks but we all know that we will have to stop in between a lot but from now onwards, we will be wearing disguises all the time when we are not in the air."

"Hey aang, I have a question regarding water bending" she was not as nervous as before, that's a good sign.

"Sure go ahead. I will answer to the best of my capacity." That is true for future reference

"Well you said that we can control anything with enough water in it. Right?"

"Yes. We can bend a lot of things. Versatility is our biggest weapon."

"Well what about blood? Isn't it made of water as well?"

"You can bend blood but it is among the most heinous ways to use bending. Bending air in the air pipe or the throat, bending the body heat of a person and controlling the food and dirt of a person are the 4 easiest ways to be banished from any bending group. Not even the fire antoon has stopped to that level."

I could literally see the tension on her face.Her fears of being excluded wasn't that high but it is stil expected. I just hoped that she would be more confident

"Don't worry about it, doing it accidentally or without understanding its significance is allowed as long as you don't take human life with it. At least for the first time." I gave her a head pat for being creative.

"Hey guys, where are we headed after the northern water tribe." Sokka was always pretty good with maps, so I had handed him a map and asked him to make sure we were heading in the right direction.

"We are going to northern water tribe then ba sing se, then to the fire nation or war. Which ever one comes first."

The war was pretty gloomy scene but it is still an expected outcome.