Chapter 14

The next day

After explaining a bit to katara about the bare bones of what happened, we left for the northern tribe.
"So what did you talk about with avatar roku other than the things you told me and sokka?"

"Well I asked him about the nature of the avatar, the avatar state and about bending."

"Really can you tell me??." Even sokka's ears were twitching and his expression was definitely curious.l

"Bending is dependent on your knowledge and experience. The more you know about your own element, the better you can manipulate it in different manners, Experience allows you to know about how to manipulate most efficiently and effectively,"

"It is similar to martial arts. The more ways you know to apply force, the better you are. Experience allows your body to become stronger and develops muscle memories."

We settled into silence for a while before sokka spoke up

" Hey aang! I can see a camp of people. They have a rebel banner, I think these are the guys the towns folk form Honiara village(Fake) were talking about."

I Hague's that must be jet and his merry band. I guess we are a tiny bit ahead of canon but not by much. I would say around 3-4 days. This gives me more opportunities to learn.

"Let's go and check it out. Appa, descend near that camp. Non-hostile."

"Aap"

"Good boy. Here have a fish from that river you liked."

We came down and before we could get off from appa, we were surrounded by a bunch of people.

"Guys stand down. We don't know if they are hostile and only one person in this entire world rides an air bison. The avatar" I guess that is jet.

I air jumped (Used aur to enhance his jump) off from appa and onto the ground in front of jet. Katara and sokka also got off but in a much less showy way.

"Hello, I believe that you are a rebel group?"

"Yes I am. Would I be correct to assume you are the avatar?"

"You would be correct in that guess. We were passing by and thought that we could help in your endeavor, that is if you need our help."

"We would really appreciate it. No matter how passionate we are. Our numbers have been limited due to the fear spread by those propaganda selling newspaper. Plus your air bending could help us a lot. I hope you could stay with us for 2days. That is when we have a major project."

I looked to sokka and katara for their opinions of this choice. Katara looked like she wanted to help and sokka agreed completely but I could sense some doubt coming from him. I guess he is still paranoid. Good.

"We can only be here for 2 days. But we will do our best to help."

Jet looked really happy with our decision but who wouldn't be?

"My name is jet. We call ourself freedom fighters. Welcome to the group." He said as he forwarded his hand for a handshake, which I reciprocated.

"Out of curiosity, are any of you benders?"

"Sadly no. None of us have the Baltic to bend."

Let's ok. I am sorry if I said something bad."

"No it's okay"

For the next day we did a bunch of chores at near light pace. The entire group was extremely surprised by the speed at which we finished all of our tasks and even more than what we were initially given within only one day.

The activities ranged from carrying supplies to cutting off supply lines and a few ambushes on the patrolling soldiers but not much other than that. The dam was being kept secret by the group though jet seemed to be the only one who was fine with it and the others were strong armed into doing it and they felt really guilty whenever they saw me or anyone really.

It was on out first night here when I snuck out into katara's room before her waking up.

"Hmm, 5 more minutes."

"What are you a cat? If you behave like a cat, I shall treat you like a cat." I petted her head and scratched her in just the right spot.

"Mmhm me-" it was a t that moment katara took over the reigns of her body and she immediately froze up.

"What are you doing here?" Her face was an atomic red and she looked ready to burst with embarrassment. So cute, I patted her head again.

"Well I found something Important about this group and I wanted to wake you two up but I guess you like being a cat" she looked ready to burst.

"I will go and get sokka awake. Your a good kitty." Before she could respond, I leapt through the window in the tree house and onto the next tree, which housed sokka and I woke him up with a bucket of water.

"Come on katara is waiting on us. Your intuition about jet was right. Let's go"

He got ready and we met katara who was waiting in her room and we got in.

"What happened aang? What is this about? Jet?"

"Here take this. Read this out." I passed her a scroll that jet had kept in his room. A lock will not stop me, the Lock bending master.

"This.. this is a plan to kill an entire town of innocent people." Her eyes were wide and she looked ready to puke along with sokka who took it a bit better but not by much really.

"He believes That all people associated with the fire nation deserve death, I told you to never judge a book by its cover. Didn't I?"

I patted both of them on their back until they were feeling better.

"What do we do?"

"There is now way we are helping this murderer. I told you that this jet guy was fishy."

"It's no time for bragging, we have to stop him. The easiest way would be to turn him in or give his position to the fire nation guards." Good sokka you are getting better,

"Wait. What about the others. What if they are innocent" katara is too naive

"They know about it, yet they haven't done anything. Also turning them in to the fire nation will be the same as killing them. We will turn them into the closest earth nation base."

Still we need a better plan of action along with a back-up plan.

"I sent a raven to the earth nation base a few hours ago. They will be arrested tomorrow. We have to leave today. Like right now, we also need to shift blame. We need someone to appear as they have betrayed the group so they don't suspect us."

That was when a voice came from behind me.

"I am sorry but I can't let you do that." Jet.

"I am sorry it has to end this way but they all need to die."

"So be it. If a fight is what you want, a fight is what you will receive. Sokka, katara take on the cowardshiding  in the bush. Work tighter. I will take Jet. It doesn't matter if we win or lose, the kingdom will arrest you."

"Yes but I can take you down with me." His face was crazed and almost reminded me of. Azula.

I got into a stance and fired of the first of a lengthy battle.
.