Chapter 24

1 week later

A massive wave was flowing straight at an swearing and tired 3 looking boy with short hair and blue robe like shirt and pants. He thrust his hand forward and caused the entire wave to stop in its tracks before pulling the water towards himself and creating a massive serpent from the obtained water.

The massive water serpent was sent to the initial attacker, an exhausted but strong old man. Just before reaching the old man, the entire serpent turned into ice and it's face and side became much spiker and the scales turned into sharp and destructive ice shards.

The old man smiled before he stomped his legs on to ground, causing a medium sized ice wall to emerge and block the scaled serpent from reaching him. The wall started cracking from the pressure but just before the wall broke, the serpent went limp.

Before the old man could process the change, he felt a few ice shards being launched at his back. He hastily created a small shield of ice to block the ice shards.

The shards were successfully blocked but the old man went on the attack as soon as he found a small room to breathe. He clapped his hands together and two massive ice slabs formed. The slabs launched themselves at the boy who was panting from the excessive use of chi.

The boy saw the slabs coming at him before smiling and jumping straight into the air. The slabs approached the boy in the air but just as they were about hit the boy, the boy created a foothold of ice at his feet and changed his direction mid air and landed on top of the first slab for a moment before jumping onto the second slab.

"Pakku, are you getting lazy? You did the same trick in our first spar?"

"It is a traditional move. It is ingrained in my mind and I will use it"

"Hey, If it works, don't fix it. Wanna call it a day cause the sun is setting and we have been at it for nearly 3 hours. I am running on fumes."

"Even if you are the avatar, I need to beat you at the very least in waterbending."

"Are you still sore that I kicked your ass when you allowed me to use air bending during one of our spars."

"Why you. You as the avatar and last airbender are the strongest air bender alive will surpass me one day. Your bending is refined and smooth but you still lack experience. And it is my job to give you this valuable experience. You are also the most promising water bender of this generation and many before it, even your genius friend and most masters can't give you a challenge."

Yeah, I may or may not have challenged all the other water bending masters to a single spar cause I dogne Anna fight the same enemy over and over again cause that is one of the worst ways to stagnate and become complacent with the lowest level of power.

"You didn't answer my question, wanna call it a draw or fight to midnight and beyond?"

"I have other responsibilities, call this one a draw."

"Katara, put another point into the draw section"

"Sure!"

Katara who was by the side of the field, put a tally mark under the draw section. The current score was

Pakku- 3 wins

Aang- 3 wins

Draws- 41, now 42

I walked up to katara and put my hands on her head to give her a head pat cause it had become an instinct whenever I was close to her.

"What did you observe from this match"

"The energy conservation was very high, the serpent you made was hollow and the water foothold you made from the moisture was very thin and broke after you used it. Your movements were also reserved and it didn't even affect your power.

Master pakku,(I could feel the anger at calling him that, just rolling off from her), used an hollow shield and his reflexes were more in tune and his body was more used to his movements and he took less time to attack but longer to defend."

"That is because he is used to being to offensive and very few surprise attacks or ambushes have been used on him. His body is so used to the basics that using new moves aren't as good. He has a vast but very rigid move Repertoire and I have already seen 80% of them in our limited number of spars. Now let's have some dinner before sleeping at 8 P.M.!"

"Are you still hung up bahut the fact that we sleep early and wake up even earlier? Come on we and that issue sorted before we even reached the tribe. We sleep early and wake up with the sun."

"Aren't yo-we water benders stronger during the nights and full moons?"

"Yes but the history books say that this is the most optimal way to sleep and conserve energy. Now come on. Sokka has probably ate all the food waiting for us."

"I blame pakku. He kept the spar going for longer than necessary"

Before we could continue our banter, we were intercepted by Joshua. The youngest water bending master in this tribe and my favorite cause he was funny and not stuffy.

"Chief has called for you. He said he got a message from Lord Bumi regarding some thing extremely important, you and your team are called to the head palace"