Chapter 32

I calmly walked over to my second fight as the announcement was going on, calling everyone in for the 7th round in the third wave.

I stood in my circle and saw that my opponent was one of the very few unarmed warriors. He was bulky but had a bit of a lean frame(most stereotypical jock ever)He got into a fighting stance that seemed a bit like a mixture of boxing and gentle fist style from Naruto. His hands were positioned like from naruto as he rushed at me with his hand drawn back.

I sidestepped his attack and grabbed his jacket before I used his own force and body weight to just slightly nudge him into a fall and proceeded to judo throw him into the ground.

I guess even without bending, i was always light on my feet and my new waterbending muscle memory allowed for better flowing and relaxed muscles.

I was feeling a bit cocky so I decided to ask him if he had more to give.

"Not bad at all. Is that all you have?"

"I should have expected this from the avatar but I guess your frail build distracted me."

He voiced out his opinion as he got back onto his feet with minimal effort. This time his stance was a lot tighter and he didn't rush at me immediately. Instead he waited for me to attack and I complied.

I ran straight at him, as he prepared himself for an attack and dug his feet into the ground but at the last moment, I changed my trajectory and turned almost 90 degrees. I used his surprise to launch a spinning kick at the side of his head with non-lethal force. But he seemed experienced in such attacks because he caught my foot with both of his hands.

"What will you do now? Little avatar?"

I didn't answer but instead I brought my second foot on top of my other foot and pushed him down to the ground. I pulled my leg out of his grip and I proceeded to grab his collar and throw him out of the arena in one swift motion.

"Well I guess I win. But you were a very good challenger."

The man slowly got up and smiled as he simply said.

"My name is Tyron."

"Well it was nice to meet you to, Tyron"

I walked away from the battle area and I sat down in my place as both Tyron and Kinto came up to me and started talking to me about the tribe and a few people in general. They int me free information and I wasn't going to turn them down but I did take their information with a grain of salt because my paranoia wouldn't allow me to trust them completely and for good reason.

I kept observing all the matches that were happening because there might be a few hidden gems and because I might need to command these troops in the invasion happening in a week and to do that, I need to know their strengths and weaknesses. I also took a moment to look towards Yue and Katara who were observing the match along with the healing teacher.

Tyron was a bit curious and he asked me a few questions regarding my journey but he refrained from asking of anything from before my Freeze, as they called, it because it was a sensitive topic. Well it wasn't a sensitive topic it's just that i didn't remember anything from that place and I avoided answering questions regarding the air nomads and I took longer to answer because I had to create a lie that fit in with all previous lies and established history.

Well I don't talk for that long because it was time for my third wave. This time I was in the second round and moving onwards I would likely be in the first round for the next waves since the total pool of people had decreased. I was against a normal soldier who looked to be on the leaner side and he carried a spear with him.

I walked into the battle area and waited for my opponent to walk into the designated position.

"My name is kelsaang!"

His voice was very hostile and I could see him gripping his spear with his almost white hands.

"Why so hostile?"

"Don't speak to me, fake. The real avatar wouldn't let the world rot for a 100 years."

His words caused a massive reaction in the crowds and I could see the referee also turn towards him with a surprised face, I guess he must have been a nice person before he fell into the hatred either that or he had everyone fooled with his fake mask.

I saw a warrior with a spear on his back walk towards kelsaang. I raised my hands in a stopping motion as I turned towards kelsaang and asked him.

"So why am I fake? Tell me. I would really like to know"

Kelsaang looked around nervously as he took a deep breath and said.

"The real avatar would have tries his best to stop the war but not only did you fail, you left us for a 100 years. Also I haven't seen you bend any element except water? Who is to say you didn't falsely replicate the airbending to fool the elders for fame and power."

"Well I am sorry that a 12 year old monk couldn't stop a war on his own. I am also sorry that I was thrown into an icy ocean where I nearly died because I was supposed to save you. I am sorry that when I was dying, choking on icy waters, I didn't think about saving people who didn't care about me, people who wouldn't mind if I died after I stopped the war, the same people who would stab me in the back to stop the war."

By now my normally welcoming Silvery grey eyes were now a shade of dark steel colder than ice. My voice was completely even and neutral which made it even more spine chilling. My face was also emotionless but my aura was definitely very off. My chi was circucualting through my body and eyes as my brown eyes slowly turned a darker shade of near black.

"And Since you want to see my airbending so badly, I must give it to you."

The air currents started picking up around me until a funnel of transparent air formed a barrier around me as I walked towards kelsaang. The barrier compressed into a wind armor around me as I slowly started getting off the ground. He slowly started backing away until he was practically running away from me. He ran off from the barracks as I pulled my hand out and a claw of air formed around his leg and i pulled it towards me.

He was dragged to me and I saw his frightened expression before sighing and powering down and Landing back onto the ground. I turned around and walked away as he was arrested by the guards and the other fighters assumed their positions.