Chapter 26

The next day

The entire tribe was now informed about the impending threat. The weird thing was that the tribe chief refused to send anyone to the ship for an ambush like team Avatar, that's what we are called by the civilians, performed. So thanks to that, me and kat are stuck learning under kat and the rest of the teachers.

My bending has become much more smooth but I was really try and challenge the regular types of water bending ideologies. Normally water bending is about flowing movements that gather more and more power with each strike. I challenged this tradition by modifying my style to many different unorthodox different paths.

These included quick jabs and water bullets similar to earth bending. Pressurized water streams focused on cutting power similar to fire bending. Flowing movements with constant and gradual build up in waves and waves of attacks, similar to air bending. I had most success with the quick jabs with a bit of focused water streams, so I went with it as my personalized version of water bending.

My air bending was also similar with wide sweeping attacks and focused blades but more flows movements and emphasis on physical movements.

Both of my unorthodox styles and made a lot eyebrows raise and it was basically the only thing stopping the tribe from conferring the title of water bending master since I had performed a chivalrous activity, beat most of the water bending masters and a unique style. You only need 1 of these requirements to be met but I had all three plus hero worship.

Kat seemed to focus more on traditional but more sudden movements that were more Impactful. Her bending was reminiscent of a very weird type bending that a certain blood bender used. It seemed that Kat's style was naturally attuned towards blood bending and that the blood bending master didn't take her in for no reason.

All of this reminds me of our non bender, more specifically sokka. Sokka had started training with the warriors in the tribe and he was respected a bit and his jokes always lightened the mood of the normally stoic soldiers. His genre also physique was also on the same level as a soldier, so he wasn't even that weak plus he was a fast learner with great leadership skills. His ego was also bloating a bit but I had tried to keep it down by sparring against him and kat together but he still looks up to me in a weird way cause I am the avatar.

I am not just the avatar like Aang. Aang was a relatable character, he was panicking, worried and ran away. He was just a boy with the avatar destiny hanging above him, at least at the beginning to sokka. He grew with the characters and sokka came to respect him as a friend and not as THE AVATAR.

I was always the definition calm and collected. Wise beyond my years and powerful. I was the avatar, no doubts and that gave me a positive start already. I and kept my image and his respect through our relatively short journey. Even with the avatar state fiasco, he believed me to be right and looked up to me.

The major change was that he and kat were spending a massive amount fo time with their father after a long time of separation. The father would tell them about his stories and adventures but he was very supportive of Kat's water bending and sokka's decision to come with me to save the world.

"Avatar Aang. Pay attention, even if you have performed admirably, you isn't forget the basics."

"Pakku, how many times have I told you to call me Aang?"

"As many times as I have asked you to call me master."

"I called you master."

"Only in the presence of the chief."

"Master is a title and a formality between us. Remind me who here has won the most spars?"

"Your bending style is not a true style. It is a amalgamation of weird movements. It doesn't classify as a true bending movement or style."

"Don't be so sore. All good changes are met with opposition and great turmoil before they are approved. In the old days back nearly a century back, all bending was seen as the work of evil and those who could bend were exiled cause they were seen as an avatar of the evil gods."

"Doesn't matter. You are dismissed for today. Today will be the last calls for this week. I shall be busy with the war efforts and soldiers."

"And I wish you the best of luck, Master,"

Scene break.

"Hey aang, how you doing. Did you know that the soldiers are having a massive celebration where they will be drinking for the last time until they win in battle."

"No, I didn't but you aren't drinking. Are you?"

"Wel..lllllll. why not?"

I have no problem with people drinking alcohol as long as s it doesn't negatively affect them or they try and drag me into it. Sadly however fo sokka, kat happened to be within hearing distance.

"No way sokka. Remember you promised Mom. No drinking until you grow up."

"I am a man here. I am a respected soldier. I have my father and everyone likes me. Even the common people. This is paradise, they don't see me as a kid. I would really like to just stay here."

"We promised aang that we would help. We told mom that we would always do our best for the world."

"That was back then. It was back when it mattered, also why can't I help the world as a water tribe soldier. I can take down fire nation grunts."

"Uhh, you are gonna break a promise from MOM!!! Aang help me talk some sense into him."

"Let him do what he wants. If he believes that fighting foot soldiers and cannon fodder and being just one face in an army will help than let him. If you believe that you are a man because you are liked means that you don't understand the weight and responsibilities that comes with age and development.

If you believe that being a part of one army will be what you do best than do it but never break your promises, especially to some one who wanted the best for you, someone who was family, someone who unconditionally loved you no matter your blatantly sexist and bratty attitude.

I am not trying to belittle you bus sokka, all your actions hold an importance. You are sacrificing a lot but if you want to stay here than I will respect your decision. After all, they like you, they respect you, they think of you as an adult, they will serve you. If you want to stay here and never grow, if you want to stagnate then you are free to do it but this choice will change your entire life."

"I choose..."