Gaara and Sasori of the Sand

────────────────────

"I'll be outside, you stay inside with Kurenai."

The young pink haired girl nodded her head and proffered him one last smile before heading inside the party hall. It was finally time to celebrate the birth of Sarutobi Konohamaru, and of course, Kakashi was on look out duty with his Anbu squad. It was an elegant gathering, held in a hall filled with well dressed, beautiful and handsome Shinobi. Sakura's eyes sparkled in delight, although she was rather nervous. 

She wasn't used to seeing so many people gathered in one place, seeming so elegant and calm. 

Kurenai turned her head to the side and caught sight of a pinkette with her head down. "Sakura-chan!"

She snapped her head up and immediately met the gaze of the most loving couple she knows, Kurenai and Asuma. Taking one step forward, Sakura walked her way to them just as Kakashi had instructed of her.

"You made it." he said.

"You look amazing, Sakura-chan." Kurenai rubbed her hand across Sakura's back to assure her. Sakura sheepishly smiled and nodded. She hadn't said anything, making Kurenai knit her brows and flicker her red eyes Asuma's way to see him with the same expression as her own. 

"Are you okay, kid?"

"Hm," she smiled. "Yeah. Is' jus' that I'm not used to getting many c-compliments." 

Kurenai's heart broke but Asuma pat her head. "Well judging at how great you are, you'll be getting plenty of them. Put yourself out there, you might make a new friend while you're at it."

Sakura giggled and The duo laced their fingers together. 

"Lady Tsunade is here too, you can see her if you'd like." she pointed towards one of the larger groups of people. "She should be here somewhere, I can help you look for her if you'd like."

Sakura shook her head and eyed the duo's laced fingers before grinning. "I know you wanna stay with Asuma-san." 

Kurenai's eyes widened red flushed cheeks while Asuma awkwardly chuckled, gripping onto her hand slightly tighter than before. With that, Sakura waved the couple off and went to find the beautiful blonde medic. 

He scratched the back of his head with his free hand. "She catches on quicker than I thought she would."

"Right."

Perhaps a little too quickly.

────────────────────

Kakashi silently stood, keeping a sharp lookout for any suspicious activity. Team Ro surrounded the outer perimeter, keeping a safe distance from wach other had anything happened to any of them. Tenzou stood to Kakashi's right and Yugao stood to his left. The air was rather silent, the air was crisp enough to make the tips of their fingers red.

"I can't believe they're seriously holding such a fucking big ass party for just some kid who'll never remember this ever happened." Yugao bitterly barked.

"The birth of a child that's Hokage-sama's grandson and Asuma's nephew." Tenzou added in, almost correcting. 

She kissed her teeth. "But still, I've heard so much about the party itself that I don't even know the baby's name."

"Konohamaru."

Kakashi silently listened in, glancing down to the floor for a moment before glancing back up. 

"Wow!" Yugao rolled her eyes. "To be named after the village is such a big deal."

Tenzou shrugged his shoulders. "But I'm sure he'll grow up to become a great Shinobi."