Chapter 13.1

Chapter thirteen
I was currently letting Allyson do my hair. Jacqueline had Caleb send me a picture of what she wanted my hair to look like. She said I didn't have to do it but that it was what Everly and Sarah were doing, so she was basically heavily implying that I should do it. Since I had no skill with a bobby pin or a curling wand, I asked Allyson to do it. She had just finished pinning up the last curl, leaving my hair beautifully styled with a braid crown around it.

Vikki had already finished my makeup and, surprisingly, I didn't look like a rodeo clown.

Allyson sprayed my hair down with hairspray. I coughed loudly, "This is horrible!" I exclaimed.

She shook her head, "Come on, you look great, go put on the dress so we can see,"
Jacqueline had also given me a dress. It was a bright yellow skirt with a long-sleeved, royal blue, lace top. Those were her wedding colors. Allyson helped me zip up the dress and handed me my shoes. I had wanted to wear flats but Vikki insisted on wedges. Vikki clasped a necklace around my neck and helped me put on a bracelet, "I feel like we're dressing a Barbie doll," she laughed.

"Gee, thanks, guys," I joked.

"Well, we're trying to impress Caleb. We have to make you look even more fabulous than you already do," Vikki teased.

I groaned, "I'm not trying to impress Caleb,"

"Well, we are," Allyson giggled before pushing me out the door, "Now, go get your man,"

"He's not my man," I shouted, trotting my
very dressed up self, out the door.
The two girls were quick to follow. My mother gasped as she saw me enter the dining room, "You look gorgeous!" She cupped my face.

"Careful with the makeup!" Vikki warned.
Momma removed her hands quickly, "You look so beautiful, honey, I want a picture,"

I posed for her quickly. She took at least a hundred photos, "Okay Mom, I have to go," I insisted. Caleb had already texted me twice.

I gave them all a quick hug before running out the door, or at least running as well as I could in wedges, which turned out to look more like a gallop. The Hunters were already outside waiting by the car. I approached the driveway, walking at a much slower pace and smoothing down my dress. Caleb had his back to me. Jacqueline grinned and waved at me. Everly gasped, "So pretty," she awed.

I gave Everly a small smile and waved back to Jacqueline. Caleb turned around to greet me. His face fell as he stared at me and looked me up and down. My eyes widened. Did I look bad? Was it too much? I smother down my dress for a second time and played with a loose strand of hair. Caleb simply kept his eyes locked on me. I glanced around, trying to see if something was wrong with the dress. I couldn't find anything, "Do I look bad?" I joined my hands in front of me and swayed slightly.

Caleb blinked, pulling him out of his trance. He cleared his throat and scratched the back of his neck, "Uh, no, you look, um, fine," he avoided eye contact.

My smile faltered. Fine was never a good thing. I tried to mask my disappointment and scuffed my feet as I stared at them. Jacqueline gently slapped her son, "She does not look 'fine'," she looked to me, "You look absolutely gorgeous, sweetie,"

I gave her a sad smile, "Thank you,"

Danny patted Caleb on the back, "Go give it to her,"

Caleb groaned and it was only now that I realized he had one hand behind him. I tilted my head. He approached me, nervously, and cautiously removed his arm from behind his back revealing a clear, plastic container. Inside it was a yellow rose corsage. It was beautiful. I stared at it in awe. "Wow," I breathed.

He opened the box and pulled out the corsage. I handed him my left wrist, which he gently put the corsage on. It was two simple, yellow roses with green leaves and white, baby breath flowers. A little blue ribbon was tied onto a bow. I pulled my hand back to admire the corsage, evening out the petals.

"It's beautiful, thank you," I told him.

"It was nothing," he mumbled.

I giggled, I had never seen him so flustered. There was something else in the box: a boutonnière. It matched my corsage. It was a single yellow rose with leaves and baby breath underneath. I grabbed it out of the box, "I take it I'm supposed to put this on you," I teased.
He rolled his eyes, reaching up to grab it, "I can do it,"

I pulled it away from him, "No way! I'm doing it,"

He scrunched his nose, "You're going to stab me," he complained.

I looked him dead in the eyes, "If I stab you it was most likely on purpose,"

Danny and Sarah laughed, "I like this girl, Caleb," Sarah cheered.

I grinned triumphantly and put the boutonnière up to his suit. He tried to pull away slightly but my grip on his suit didn't allow him too. I slid the first pin in through the back and then the second pin, "See?, I chose not to stab you,"

"Gee, thanks, much appreciated,"

Jacqueline rushed us over to take pictures. Sarah, Everly, and I were all wearing identical dresses. It looked ten times more adorable on Everly. Our hair was identical and the only difference in our outfits were our shoes and corsages. Everly had on flats, I had on wedges, and Sarah had on stiletto heels. I was amazed at how she was planning on dancing in those.

Sarah's corsage was a red rose with a gold ribbon and Everly's was a white rose with a blue ribbon. The corsage took up most of Everly's tiny arm.

The guys were dressed almost identical as well. They were all in a dark navy suit with a yellow tie and a matching corsage to their date. Henry's hair had been completely gelled back making him appear very professional. Danny and Caleb both had the smallest amount of gel in their hair, just enough to define their curls. It was scary how similar the two brothers looked.

Jacqueline was wearing her wedding dress. It was a stunning white lace dress with a train. She had a tiara on and her hair was pulled into a bun. Isaac was dressed in a blue suit and a yellow bow tie, very similar to the rest of the boys.
Jacqueline lined us up to take pictures. My mother rushed out to help with them. I think she was more excited than Jaqueline. We lined up in the back with Jaqueline and Isaac in the front. Caleb wrapped his arm around my waist and I leaned in.

After Momma took a million photos of usthat, she took pictures of each individual couple. We all posed the same way until it got up to Jacqueline and Isaac. They couldn't stop laughing long enough to get the photo. My mother took pictures of them as they giggled, resulting in very natural photos.

A/N
I totally forgot to post a chapter last Friday! I'm so sorry I'm such a forgetful person.
This chapter is a lot shorter than some of the others but it was either two short chapters or one really long chapter so I broke it into two parts.
What do you think of the book so fat? I really enjoyed writing this chapter.
As for publishing, still happening, it's just taking a while. I'm not amazing at grammar so editing this book is really difficult but it's getting there. I'm so excited to publish it.
I haven't come up with a cover idea yet but we do have some ideas so that has made progress as well.
I really hope you guys are enjoying the story and as always let me know what you think.
Lots of love,
Rachelle <3

It All Started With A Dareजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें