Chapter 29 - The Snap

I only own the character I going to write. Rest belongs to the right full owners

"I hope these dwarves are better at forging thank they are at cleaning" Rocket stared at the mess surrounding the group of four "Maybe they realised they live in a junk pile in the middle of space"

"This forge hasn't gone dark in centuries" Thor muttered, peering around for any clues as to what happened.

"Something isn't right" Y/N whispered, her han landing on a piece of equipment. Her eyes glided over a dusty object "Oh no. Thor!"

Thor stared up at the infinity gauntlet in horror, the realisation of the dire situation dawning on him.

"Go back to the pod-" a large figure stormed towards the group, kicking Thor back.

Y/N raised her hands, creating a shield when the figure tried to smash her with their giant fist.

"Eitri, wait! Stop! Stop,!" Thor cried out, jumping back.

"Thor? Y/N?"

"What happened here?" Thor questioned, looking around at the silent chaos.

"You were supposed to protect us. Asgard was supposed to protect us!" Eitri stumbled back, "300 dwarves loved on this ring. I thought of I did what he asked... They'd be safe. A device capable of harnessing the power of the stones. Then he killed everyone anyway. Al except me. 'Your life is yours' He said 'But your hands are mine alone'"

"Eitri, this isn't about your hands" Y/N assured "Everything you've ever designed. Every weapon, every device. That came from your mind. Thor and I know that it feels as though all hope has been lost. Asgard has been destroyed. But together, all of us, we can kill Thanos"

"To restart the forge the rings need to be moved"

"Leave that to us. Rabbit, fire up the pod. Sister, we need a rope"

"There are easier way to do this" U/N grabbed a random piece of scrap metal, watching ot morph into a long, sturdy rope.

"You're not coming. I am going to do this not you. You need stay safe"

"I am not some fragile girl, Thor. I can fight as well!" Y/N argued.

"I can't lose you too" Thor grabbed Y/Ns shoulders "I can't... I can't lose you, so please"

"I'm sorry." Y/N hugged Thor. "But you be safe, okay? , if I see one scratch on you then you're in big trouble"

Thor chuckled, running out of the rig and into space. Y/N watched closely as he tied the rope to the bottom of the pod, allowing Rocket to fly him out to one of the rings.

"I don't think you get the scientific here. These rings are gigantic. You wanna get them moving, you're gonna need something a lot bigger to yank'em loose" Rocket's voice flowed through Y/Ns ears.

"Leave that to me"

"Leave that to you? Buddy, you're in space. All you is a rope and a-"

Thor begin to swing the pod in tight circles. After a few rounds, he stopped, allowing the pod to drag him forward. He gripped the edge of one of the rings. Surprisingly the structure actually began to move slightly.