Chapter 19

And on the seventh day God rested after his work was done.

She's not religious but that's her first waking thought as she decides she doesn't like being this unhappy. She's Chaeyoung, she's a fighter, she doesn't sulk or give up on things mid way. She needs to give a rest to her negative thoughts and go after what she wants.

Mina's face is priceless when Chaeyoung smiles hesitantly at her and says good morning.

The girls in the living room are shocked as well but they're just relieved that they're going to get past this small bump in their way. It's a glimmer of hope that they all desperately need.

"What's the plan for today?" Chaeyoung grabs the bowl of cereal Jeongyeon is having and makes it hers.

Jeongyeon rolls her eyes and goes to make another one for herself.

"There's a rock climbing activity our management has booked in the afternoon. Get it recorded and after that we can do whatever you all like." Jihyo announces cheerfully.

"Lets go shopping!" Sana claps her hand.

"We do tons of that back home." Dahyun waves the idea away.

"Can we go trekking please?" Momo pleads with her puppy eyes.

"Rock climbing and then trekking? Are you mad? We'd be exhausted." Tzuyu exclaims but she immediately regrets it when Momo's face falls.

Dahyun grins at them and whispers to Nayeon who's quietly eating a croissant by her side. "Watch her agree to it in like three seconds."

Nayeon starts a mental countdown. Tzuyu agrees in two and she grins back at Dahyun.

Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung prepare the sandwiches and sort the drinks for their hiking. Mina helps them as they buzz around the kitchen. Things are still awkward between Chaeyoung and her, but it isn't as uncomfortable as the day before. They try to make small talk here and there.

"I think we need to make a ham sandwich as well, Sana doesn't like tuna much." Mina states softly to Chaeyoung. Her voice is really quiet, as if she'd break if she spoke any louder.

Chaeyoung turns to her side and glances at the girl who's cutting the vegetables. When their eyes meet, she recognizes the pain in them for the first time. Her heart aches a little.

"Come here." Her voice is soft and gentle as she extends a hand.

Mina hesitantly steps closer to her, her eyes pooling with tears. When Chaeyoung takes her in an unexpected hug, the dam breaks.

"We're going to be ok." Chaeyoung says over and over again until she feels the girl relax in her arms.

The girls who come back to the living room after packing, release a collective sigh of relief at what they see.

Nayeon's eyes widen as she glances at the rock climbing wall.

"I can't climb. I'm handicapped." She whines like a baby making Momo giggle.

"Don't be a drama queen. It only bled a lot because it's a glass cut, but the wound has closed. A little climbing won't hurt." Jeongyeon's eyes roll up skywards.

When Nayeon's hand begins to bleed a little again after the rock climbing she feels a tad guilty for what she said earlier.

So she offers to carry Nayeon's backpack as well when they go trekking. Nayeon has a chuffed grin on her face.

"My legs are hurting. Do you think you can give me a piggy back ride?" She exaggerates.

Jeongyeon's face turn into a scowl as she elbows the girl by her side and says warningly, "Don't push it."

"Hey that's not the way to treat a handicapped person." Nayeon rubs her side tenderly.

Chaeyoung who's walking with Mina and Dahyun, falls back for this conversation and nudges Nayoen hard making her stumble. "Unnie, you're only handicapped here."

She points to her head.

Ten seconds later, Mina smiles for the first time in two days when she sees a terrified Chaeyoung speed past her screaming murder as Nayeon chases her hot on her heels, threatening to reassemble her face when she finally lays her hand upon her.

"Immature kids." Dahyun says in a doting voice as she eyes the pair running up the hill. "But that's why we love them I guess."

Mina couldn't agree more.