Part title

He was 2 steps away from me when his phone started ringing in his pocket. 'Damn it.' I felt a wave of sadness as I realized that I would always be his second choice. He quickly pulled out his phone and smirked before answering it. My heart literally sank in my chest at the sight before me.

But I'm Jade Taylor the girl that doesn't let anything phase her.

Except for her sister's boyfriend, that is.

I quickly grabbed my bag from the floor and fixed my hair one last time. Before grabbing a clear bag with white substance from his pocket and leaving. I immediately regretted leaving the closet as I was now surrounded by the morons I went to school with. Silly sorority girls handing out invites to their parties and crazy frat boys running all over the campus. I really didn't think I'd ever say this but I'm going to miss this place. Definitely not these fools but the building, the brick walls and the positivity that it embodies. As well as the fact that, coming here everyday was kind of an escape for me.

I immediately came to an halt as I saw my sister and her minions on campus chatting it up with some newbie. "Shit!" I mumbled under my breath as I slightly hid my face with my hand as I tried walking to the library. But failed horribly as she shouted for me. Curse you God for not granting me the ability to make myself invisible when the occasion calls for it.

"Hey Jade!"

"Hey Katie." I said dryly trying to force a smile but my attempts of trying to force a smile were crushed. Once I saw Liam came from out of no where and pecked Katie on her lips. I tried to look away I tried not to seem like a hating bitch but how could I not? When I'm inlove with her boyfriend?

"Dad wants you home by 3." Katie said winking at me. I could immediately feel my heart throbbing in my mouth. Her father was back? When did he get back? he wasn't supposed to be back for another month. Shit, this was not good I needed a plan and fast.

"Morty's back?" I asked hoping she wouldn't notice the crack in my voice causing her to smile evilly at me which meant she had noticed. "Don't be late you know how angry he gets." Katie said as she walked away with her minions trailing after her. I didn't realize how lost I was in my thoughts until I heard Liam's friend calling for him.

Wait if Liam was standing here the entire time after Katie left. That meant he saw the tears that were now pooling in my eyes.

I immediately shot my head up and was greeted with the devil himself. Great, just great.

I was so focused on Liam and what he might be thinking that I hadn't noticed the single tear that had rolled down my cheek. Which caused Liam's eyes to softened immediately. As he looked at me with an emotion that he's never looked at me with before. The only thing I've ever seen when I looked into Liam's eyes were lust and confusion for all the times he tried reading me. But now he seemed sympathetic? I quickly turned around before roughly wiping my cheek and continuing on my journey to the library. I didn't need anyone feeling 'sorry' for me, being pitied never did me any good. Heck, I've learned to accept the fact that I was simply born to live a miserable and God forsaken life. Liam's pity did nothing but make my blood boil. 'Morty's back' was all I could think about and the hate I had for him was now rushing back. The reason for my bitchy attitude was becoming clear again. Ever since he left I've been praying to God that he wouldn't return. But he did, and he's waiting for me at 3.

I quietly walked inside the library drowning in my thoughts. As the world around me seemed to have been set to slow motion. I glanced around a few times before placing my hands on my chest to try and calm myself. I quickly found a booth in the extreme back of the library. One that the cameras wouldn't be able to pick up. I immediately sat down and began digging through my book bag for the white substance. Before making 4 lines on the table with it and snorted each line in less than 3 seconds. I harshly shook my head and chuckled lightly before pinching my nostrils. And doing it again and again until the once full bag of white substance was finished. I tried getting up and walking but I tumbled backwards with the chair. Which caused the entire library to make a loud "Shhhshhh" sound. I got up slowly while rubbing my elbows and chuckling.

'It seems I'm not as high as I thought I was seeing as though I was able to feel the pain in my elbows.'

I silently tried to stumble out of the library but I failed as I bumped into every booth on my way out. I almost bumped into the door as well. If it hadn't been for that strange guy who was kind enough to hold it open for me. I quickly walked to the school's parking lot before I hopped in my car. And started the engine and pulled out onto the road. I immediately blasted my music as I gripped the stirring wheel tightly and started to bop my head harshly.

Morty's back..... I thought once again.

I gripped the handle of the stirring even tighter before I looked into my rear view mirror spotting a half bottle of whiskey on my back seat. I didn't pay any attention to the truck that was coming towards me. As I turned to the back seat of my car to grab the bottle. By the time I was facing the stirring wheel again there was nothing I could do. The truck had slammed into my car the second I was facing the road. Causing me to hit my head hard allowing complete darkness to take me away.