Part title

"Yes." Thierry responded answering my previous question on if I had any visitors. I immediately felt lightheaded as I mentally crossed my fingers hoping it was Liam.

"Jonas Taylor." Thierry said smiling.

"He's been here everyday." She continued.

Who the heck is 'Jonas Taylor?' I thought for a second until realization finally dawned on me.

"M - myy dadd?" I stuttered while looking at my doctor confused causing her to smile widely before nodding. "I'll be back to check on you later if there's anything you need press the button at your bedside." Thierry said before she left the room and leaving me with my train of thoughts.

My dad came to visit me? Well that's a plot twist I wasn't expecting.

Hence the term 'plot twist' genius.

I slowly started to scratch my arms as I fidgeted in the narrow hospital bed. The sharp beeping sound from the machine next to me suddenly became unbearable. And I felt like the sun that was reflecting inside the room from the white blinds were causing my eyes to bleed. I felt like I was a newborn vampire who was suddenly trying to cope with all the changes.

'I need to get out of here.' I mentally noted to myself.

My head became uneasy as I continued fidgeting at this point I'm sure I looked like a fish that was out of water. I hadn't even noticed that Thierry had came back to my room until I felt a small pinch then pressure being applied to my arm.

"She's having a panic attack!" Thierry shouted before adjusting the bed so that I was now laying on my back instead of sitting upright. "She's an addict who has involuntary gone 1 month without any substance of course she's having a panic attack." A much younger woman who was at the other side of my bed stated. Before grabbing my arms while I mimicked the actions of someone whose possessed. I felt like a main character in a horror movie, I've never really given much thought to what's it like to be possessed before now. I felt like there were tiny monsters fighting for dominance in my head. My ears felt like they were bleeding and my throat was suddenly soar as if I had been swallowing shattered glasses.

"Her vitals are dropping!" Was the last thing I heard Thierry shout before my eyes closed shut.

The pain quickly subsided as I saw myself floating in the abyss. No bright lights, no hospital, just me floating carelessly in the abyss. It was pitch black with a lot of mist it should've scared the living hell out of me. Though it didn't, it gave me a sense of comfort I felt safe cause I was away from humanity. I was away from the world I knew so well and the expectations that I had for it. 'No Morty, no Katie, no Jonas, no doctor, no Liam.' It was just me, I felt like for the first time in forever I was safe. The dark held a friendly aura the only light that surrounded me was the clarity my eyes got from the mist. I was content, I was at peace so without a second thought. I allowed my body to drift 'Far from the surface.' And deep into the abyss.

'"Rehab is not debatable, it never was! She almost died in a car accident because she was high." I heard a voice argued as I opened my eyes. I glanced around the room to see Thierry and the same lady from before. Thierry's second couldn't be that older than me she looked like she was in her mid twenties. And she wore an extremely stank expression on her face the entire time. She was truly beautiful though, she had really brown thick curly locks that sat messily on top of her head. She stood about 5'5 she had a hour glass shape her hazelnut eyes was a giveaway that she was mixed. She had full lips that made her look like a real life bratz doll.

"Amoura" that's the last thing I saw on her name tag before the darkness took me over again.

"Hey you're awake." Thierry said before a man in his late 50's entered the room. A man whose entire face was the splitting image of my own I felt as if I was starring in a mirror rather than at a stranger.

'Was this him? Was he the man that left me without even giving so much as a second glance? If he was he looked normal, and nothing like the image of him that was painted numerous times on the blank canvas in my mind.'

'You look soo much like your father, the older you get the more I see him in you.'

I heard my grandmother's old voice repeat in my head. "I'll allow you to break the news to your daughter Mr. Jonas." Thierry said before politely excusing herself from the room with Amoura who wore a pink scrub suit with blue crocs.

I nonchalantly stared off in pure confusion as I was oblivious to what 'news.'

He of all person had to break to me.

I stared at him long and hard before I adjusted myself in the hospital bed so that I was sitting up right. "What's the news?" I asked him cavalierly as if he hadn't been absent for half my life . And though I'd much rather ask him why he had left me back then or ask about my mom who I had absolutely no memory of. I didn't. I kept myself together and I did what I did best which was hiding every emotion that I felt from my eyes. He had no right to know just how much seeing him for the first time was wrecking my entire being.

He nodded slowly while playing with his fingers as he took a step forward. "Firstly I'd like to say happy birthday Jade." He stated with a smile.

'Happy Birthday?' It's my birthday? Damn it! Of course it is. Ever since my accident I've been in a coma and my birthday was precisely one month before my accident. However, I've never been the type of person that went over the top for birthdays. It was always just a regular day for me expect the stigma that surrounds it. Fancy cake with lots of candles and a bunch of people who you didn't even talk to on a daily basis. Suddenly being nice to you and showing you all kinds of love. If I wasn't in the hospital right now I'd be at work arguing with some bitchy customers. Or getting my back blown out, by you know who.

"What news do you have to tell me?" I asked once more disregarding his previous statement.

It's as if I killed the mood in the room after that question because he quickly removed his smile and cleared his throat as he shifted on his legs. Great. At least I'm still allowed to make people feel unpleasantly uncomfortable. I smirked mentally at this before knitting my eyebrows at him as if asking him 'well what is it?' but he didn't bulged. I might have just met the guy a few minutes ago but I already knew he was bad at 'being a messenger.' I sighed loudly as I continued watching him.

"You're an addict." He voiced out which made me stare at him blankly as the room became filled with an awkward silence. "Yeah, I know Sherlock Holmes, I like pot, cocaine, herion and alcohol." I said nonchalantly. "5 years in a foster home really beat my ass I've been raped and beaten continuously and I also managed to get my scholarship suspended. I'm the direct definition of failure that much I know so I don't need your confirmations. Thank you very much."

I argued before averting my gaze to the other side of the room to wipe my running tears. "Please Jade, I'm not judging you I'm merely trying to help you. The doctors are recommending you go to rehab unless you have an alternative plan." My dad said softly.

"I was thinking you might want to come stay with me for a while. It's not the greatest idea but it's not rehab." He continued.

I slowly landed my eyes on the first man that was ever given to me. The first man that was suppose to love me but instead he left me and never cared once to know how I was doing. I endured numerous of physical and mental abuse and as if that wasn't enough. I pushed myself over the edge by becoming an addict. Now it's either go to rehab or be supervised by my dad? I'm not even sure I can call him that.