A Flight to Remember

Chapter 27: A Flight to Remember

The next day, Red, Snakes, and Bill confessed that they were the ones who pointed the traps at Fidget, while he was imprisoned in a bottle. Plus, they admitted their wrongs to the queen, so they brought the jewels back to make up for it. They also promised to do good deeds.

The queen considered this before saying, "I still don't trust you."

Snakes sighed. "You're right," he said, "This still doesn't make up for what we did to you."

"We're willing to make good this time," Red vowed.

"Very well," the queen began, "But don't hurt me or any of my subjects as well as everyone else. Do I make myself clear?"

The three thugs nodded and bowed respectfully.

"Yes, Your Majesty," Bill said humbly and the trio exited the castle to devise a plan.

"Guys, I'm starting to feel bad for Fidget and Eve," Snakes said as he started to sit down near the bushes. "What are we doing?" He buried his face in his knees, ashamed of what he'd done.

"As are we," Red said, also feeling guilty for mocking the heroes and neglecting Fidget when Eve did all the work, defending him on her own, "But we'll fix it together."

"Yeah," Bill said, just as remorseful as his mouse friends, but determined to make amends, "We're Fidget's and Eve's friends. Are we not?"

Snakes sniffled. "You're right, guys. Let's do it together." Then, the trio each extended a hand and overlapped them, signifying teamwork and friendship.

"TOGETHER!" they shouted in unison and started on their way to find Fidget, Eve, and the others.

...

"Hey, Fidget, guess what?" Eve asked.

"What?" Fidget asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I set up an appointment for today yesterday, so..." Eve started.

"So?" Fidget was growing more confused.

"You'll find out when you'll get there."

Fidget sighed. "Alright." He probably didn't remember what he was going to the hospital for, but he was sure to find out.

"Mom. Dad. Flappy," Eve said to her family, "Would you like to come with me to take Fidget to the hospital?"

"Why, yes," Luna replied.

"What for?" Shade asked.

"Is he sick?" asked Flappy.

Eve shook her head. "No, he just needs his broken wing fixed - that's all."

"We'll come along, Eve," Dawson volunteered, "After all, I'm a doctor and a surgeon."

"Yes, we'll join you for sure," Basil said, wrapping an arm around Clover.

"My father, brother, and sister can come with us," said Clover.

"Then it's settled," Eve said with a smile.

...

The Flavershams and bat family stepped outside. "I'll call for transportation," Basil announced, "There's no faster way to get to the hospital than on Toby." He whistled for Toby to get his point across. "Toby!"

Toby came bounding about to greet his friends and licked Clover, Andrew, Olivia, Eve, Flappy, and Fidget, causing them to giggle.

Basil brought Fidget over to Toby, saying, "Toby, this young bat lad needs to go to the hospital to get his broken wing fixed and we need your help getting us there on time."