Part II| Leave Your Lover

"You'll never know the endless nights, the rhyming of the rain or how it feels to fall behind and watch you call his name. Pack up and leave everything, don't you see what I can bring? Can't keep this beating heart at bay. Set my midnight sorrow free, I will give you all of me. Just leave your lover, leave them for me." —Sam Smith.

Chapter Theme Song: 'Leave Your Lover' by Sam Smith.

Happy New Year!!!!
••

Harmony

Although Blaze said he needed space, I have been trying to get through to him, but he just won't pick his phone up. The thought of losing him scares me, and the embarrassment from that photo he received makes me feel worse. I will never get over this. It will probably scar me for life. If that was what they were aiming for, then they are successful.

I need to find Kite. I can't believe he would become clouded by jealousy and do something this despicable to me.

I pull myself up from the ground after crying my eyes out for over an hour. My legs are weak, and I can hardly feel my knees from squatting for so long. I wouldn't be surprised if I wind up sick after all this chaos.

I grab my cellphone from the pocket of my dress and dial April's number. She finally picks up the call after about four rings.

"Hello?" Her voice competes with loud music and cheers in the background, and I recall her saying she will be out of town for the night.

"April..." I wipe away the fresh tears that threaten to leave my eyes. "Do you know where I can find Kite?"

"Hold on, Harmony. I can't hear you." Her voice raises above the noise around her, and I can hear it fading out as it seems she is moving away from the area.

"Sorry, sweetie, speak again."

I sigh. "Where's Kite right now?"

"Uhm, I'll ask Tia, give me a minute." The music volumes up again as it seems she's back to the previous area to locate Tia. After what feels like a minute, she's back on the line.

"She says he boards at Jaxton sometimes, so he is probably there now."

I nod and push my hair back, frustrated. "Okay, thanks."

"Sure. Are you alright, though? What do you want with Kite?"

"I just need to talk to him about something. Thanks a lot; I'll talk to you later." I hang up before she can pose any further questions. I know April; she won't stop until she gets something out of me. And I don't think I am ready to talk about this. My mind is in a tangled mess.

I blow my cheeks out and leave Blaze's dorm to find one of the masterminds behind my sorrow.

The night is cold, and the crescent moon lights my path along with the yellow bulbs lining the lawns as I walk through the gates of Jaxton University. My eyes are red and swollen, and my feet feel as though I am walking on clouds. Emotional pain does affect you physically.