Part II| A Message From Kite?

"I'm a fool for you." —Ariana Grande.

Chapter Theme Song: 'Just A Little Bit Of Your Heart' by Ariana Grande.

••

Blaze

"Maddie is back for you in full swing!" James chuckles in enjoyment as he throws himself against his bed.

This guy thinks being harassed by a psychotic girl is funny, but it is severely exhausting.

I roll my eyes, refusing to detract my focus from the Need for Speed game I am currently in the middle of. "She's crazy. I don't know why she came back here."

"Yeah, but you're the one who created her." James shrugs simply as he sits upright. "You just had to go and fuck a psycho." He snickers, and I finally take my eyes off the screen to shoot a glare in his direction.

He snaps his mouth close and pretends to pull a zipper across his lips.

"It's not my fault I'm good in bed." I gloat, blindly pushing my hand into the bag of Doritos next to me, shoving a handful of the cheesy snack into my mouth. "I have a great game when it comes to sex."

"Yeah, I am sure." Sarcasm drips from in his tone. "I mean, come on, you still haven't slept with Harmony."

"Harmony is different," I tell him, smiling softly at the thought of her. "She's not just some hookup girl or a chick you meet at the club; she's special. I can't do that with her. I have to take things one step at a time."

"You're right. I feel the same toward April, but too bad we ended up fu—" He stops short, and I look over at him, wondering why he didn't finish his sentence.

"Too bad what?"

He shakes his head. "Too bad nothing."

"Don't try to play with me, James; you were about to say something." I throw the controller down and turn to face him. "Come on, finish the sentence."

He rubs his nape, looking away guiltily.

"April told me not to say anything." He finally says, and I perch my elbow on my knees. "Tell me, James."

"No, Blaze."

My eyes squint to two thin lines, and he winces fearfully. He knows it would take nothing for me to hop over this chair and strangle him.

I twist my lips while I glare at him, studying his culpable countenance. Growing up watching human's reactions and interactions, only to imitate them when I want to acquire something, leaves me with the ability to read gestures and facial expressions. In no time, I have filled in the blanks of his incomplete sentence, and my brows furrow in realization.

"You fucked my cousin James?"

From the way his eyes have grown, I am clearly correct.

"How on earth did you even—"