Part II| You Hold The Power To Destroy Me

"Say you love me to my face, I need it more than your embrace

"Say you love me to my face, I need it more than your embrace. Just say you want me, that's all it takes. Heart's getting torn from your mistakes. 'Cause I don't wanna fall in love if you don't wanna try. But all that I've been thinking of is maybe that you might. And babe, it looks as though we're running out of words to say, and love's floating away." —Jessie Ware.

Chapter Theme Song: 'Say You Love Me' by Jessie Ware.

A/N: Please listen the above song! :)

••

Third Person

"Liquor ladies?"

A tall blonde guy, drenched from head to toe, stands above their heads as he holds a tray of red party cups. "It's all on the house."

Tia peers over into one of the plastic containers in hopes of identifying its contents. "What is it?"

"Apple vodka, but it's kinda strong."

"Oh, I love apples." She wriggles in her seat excitedly as she extends her hand for a cup, and April and Yuna follows her, each taking a drink of their own.

Carrying hazel eyes to Harmony—who is absorbed in thought as she stares blankly at her lap—a wide smile lengthens his pale, thin lips.

"Want one, cute face?"

"No, she doesn't drink," Yuna tells him quickly.

"Oh, sorry." He beams and motions to walk away, but Harmony's surprises everyone by hastily reaching out and removing a cup from the tray.

"Thanks..."

All four heads snap to her in bewilderment, and she purses her lips at the unwanted attention that she is now receiving.

"I thought you said she doesn't drink?" The guy chuckles with a subtle shake of his head as he strolls over to a group of people stationed next to them.

Harmony ignores the stares coming from the girls as she puts her lips on the rim of the cup, lifting her head and swallowing just a small drop of the liquid. She recalls what Blaze had said about drinking in large quantities, but then following that memory is the one where he had decided that they should just stay friends. Wanting to be somewhat defiant, she goes for another swill, this time draining the entire cup of liquid at the back of her throat.

April is quietly watching her with concerned eyes as she removes the container from her mouth. Crinkling her nose from its intensity, the burning fluid travels down her gullet and reminds her of why she's not ideal for the world of alcoholic beverages. She can never keep a normal face after consuming liquor—to her, it isn't as enticing as other people claim it to be.

However, the alcohol magically numbs the pain in her heart for a brief second, and she figures this could be a form of medicine. A pain-killer. It might be a temporary relief, but it's better than having to undergo this internal suffering without a break to even catch her breath.