I Didn't Mean To Bruise Your Heart

"I think I'm gonna take some pills to fix my brain, cause I tried every other way. But some things you can't fix yourself."—Lauv.

Chapter Theme Song: 'Changes' by Lauv.

••

Third Person

"Just a quickie, Blaze."

"Amber, no. I said I don't want to." He rolls his eyes heavenward as he grips her slender hands to move them away from his chest.

They are now standing in the hallway that leads to the hotel's lobby, the music from the party sounding distant and faded. Blaze had no intention of giving this girl the time of day, but he didn't want her blabbering on about his brutal sex-life right in front of Harmony. She is the only girl he cares about, and if she were to view him in a negative light, he has no idea how he would be able to handle that.

Amber scowls and wastes no time to hitch onto him again, this time lowering her hand to the strings of his shorts.

Blaze screws his face up and grabs her wrist. "You have no damn pride for wanting to have sex with me in the hallway of a hotel."

She frowns. "When since you care about the location? You never seemed to have a problem that time we did it outside of your house. Stop being so different."

Blaze sucks his teeth and tries to walk away, but she grabs onto his arm again, bouncing on her toes desperately. "Blaze, come on. Just once, please?"

He grits his teeth and rolls his neck in sheer annoyance. He fears that other guys are out there trying to hit on Harmony during his absence, yet this girl just won't leave him alone. He saw the stares of envy and admiration from the majority the minute they had arrived, and it's not hard to see why. Her purity is shining. It is evident that she's an untouched gem.

With annoyance engraved on his face, he resists the urge to push Amber fiercely away from him. Logics. That's the only thing saving her from it because he couldn't care less about her feelings.

"Could you just leave me the fuck alone?" He asks in the calmest way possible, and it is as if it holds more power than if he were to yell at her.

Amber stares at him in awe, but she doesn't get time to recover as he grips her shoulder and nudges her to the side. He begins to walk away from her, and she gasps in shock, seething at his vanishing presence.

"You're an asshole, Blaze Xander!"

"I know," he retorts as he breaks the corner and leaves the area.

••

"Harmony."

Her strides are ceased by a cold hand to her elbow, and she looks around to see Kite standing behind her. He's sighing in what appears to be exhaustion.

"You should join the Olympics. You walk so fast." He chuckles as he releases her, and she smiles weakly.

Discerning the disconsolate gleam in her eyes, Kite scratches his forehead remorsefully. "Don't mind what they said, they talk too much sometimes."

"It's okay," she tells him and means it. She doesn't want to be too overly sensitive about Blaze's past when he had already enlightened her about his mental condition. His ASPD is a good enough explanation for his merciless sleeping around.

"Where are you heading to?"

"Um..." She nips at her lip, glancing around the busy pool deck. "I don't even know..."

Kite laughs as he crosses his arms against his torso. "Okay, so you were just going to walk around?"

She giggles and gropes her forehead, feeling quite silly. "I have no idea."