Chapter 22

The Royal Field

Waiting for their turns. Li Wei Wei is the only who feel so nervous that her hands sweats.

'How am I supposed to do it? I only knew how to play games on phone.' Sighing heavily, she looked at all of them. They seems skillful.

"The first line of men will start first." All the princes, her Jin Jin and all the others will start the competition.

"Whoever win the first, second and third place will get a lady hairpin. They can give it to the lady they treasure." Cheers can be heard.

Feng Xujin as usual look as calm as water. He is uninterested in this competition but when he saw Daku Sin keep looking at his wife, he is determined to win.

"Jin Jin! Fighting!" Li Wei Wei shout at him while holding up her small fist. He looked and nodded at her.

'I will win it for her. Just you wait Feng Xujin.' Daku Sin make a vow in his mind.

"Competition will start now. Shoot!"

All of them pulled their arrow effortlessly. Waiting for it to hit the point.

"Third Prince, nine point, First prince nine point, and Second Prince, Prince Daku Sin and General hit bullseye." The guard wave the flag after saying it.

Li Wei Wei clapped loudly on the right side. Her husband is indeed amazing. All the ladies couldn't wait to get hairpins from them.

"The three of you did great. Come and claim your prize." His Majesty asked them to choose the hairpin that they like.

Feng Xujin look carefully at the hairpin. He doesn't know which to choose. But his eyes attracted to the white jade hairpin.

"Jin Jin you did great! You look so cool!" Li Wei Wei express her excitement while holding up her thumb.

He look at her and then give her the hairpin.

"This is for me? Thank you!" She smile at him.

"You are my only wife. Who should I gave it to?" Feng Xujin said.

"Daku Sin and Qi Er who is the lady you want to gift it to?" The emperor said while looking at both of them.

"I'm gonna give this to Miss Li Wei Wei." Small gasps suddenly explode in the field.

Giving it to a lady who is married was completely unethical.

Daku Sin is well aware of this. And he has no intention on getting Li Wei Wei's image get tarnish.

"On her wedding day, I didn't attend it. And Li Wei Wei is my friend. This hairpin will vouch for my absent on that day."

They feel a bit suspicious about it but Second Prince Liu Qi suddenly spoke up dispersed all the assumptions.

"Benwang also would like to give it to Li Wei Wei. As a gift for your wedding."

Liu Qi suddenly feel curious about the lady. Even Daku Sin the foreign prince is attracted to her.

"Err yeah. I thanked all the princes."

-------

At last it was the ladies turn. Jiang Liyao has been waiting for this.

"All the ladies get ready!"

Li Wei Wei look around nervously. She look at Feng Xujin but he didn't look at her. She thought he is sulking.

"Pull the bow." The guard give instructions.

All the girls pulled the bow easily. They have taken lesson about archery.

While Li Wei Wei trying to figure out on how did they do it. Her small hands hold the bow.

Ladies bow is lighter than men's. She put the arrow carefully on her hand.

"Shoot!" Arrow ran towards the board direction.

But Li Wei Wei has yet pulled the arrow. She feel so embarrassed. All the ladies is looking at her.

Daku Sin feel helpless looking at her conditions. He wanted to help her but another figure went to her.

"How the heck do I pull this? God just take me back. I feel so embarrassed." Li Wei Wei said to herself.

A hand suddenly help to arrange her fingers. She look back to see Feng Xujin holding her close to him.

"Jin Jin! I thought you are sulking at me."

"Focus on the target and pull."

He let go of his hands after fixing hers. Li Wei Wei then pulled the bow string with strength. The arrow sudden departed surprised her.

"Jiang Liyao hit bullseye, He Mei Yi hit bullseye, Li Wei Wei hit five point......" The rest of the announcement didn't go through Li Wei Wei's ear.

"I really hit some points! Oh my god! Not bad for the first time Wohoo!" She unconsciously did a winning ceremony then hugged him.

All his bad mood flew away after she hug him. Therefore, he hugged her back.

"Li Wei Wei you are not bad." Daku Sin suddenly approach her.

"You did great Sin. You hit the bullseye." She sheepishly smile at him.

"This lady greets Prince Daku Sin and General Feng Xujin." Jiang Liyao spoke up.

"Emm" Feng Xujin only nodded without glancing at her.

"Sin do you know Miss Jiang Liyao?" Li Wei Wei is trying to become a cupid for them since they are destined to be together.

"No. This is my first time seeing her." Daku Sin said while looking at Jiang Liyao.

"Jin Jin let's go. Give time for them to know each other." She said while dragging Feng Xujin away.

"They are suitable for each other right?" Li Wei Wei smile meaningfully feeling like she has completed another plot in the novel.

"Wei Wei you really don't know Daku Sin like you?" Feng Xujin asked in a low voice.

"What are you talking about? Why would he like me? He is destined to be with Jiang Liyao."

Li Wei Wei laughed loudly at him. But he keep a straight face.

"Why did you keep talking like you already know all about everyone's fate?" His question stopped her from laughing.

She choked hearing his question. Li Wei Wei sometimes forget that Feng Xujin is quick witted. Telling him she comes from the future, he might believe.

"I didn't. It's just a guess. Let's go home. I'm tired." Li Wei Wei object firmly. Hoping he will believe.