Chapter 24

Luxury Tea Private Room

"We have planned everything meticulously master. Once the general on his way to the military camp, we will ambush him." A man wearing all black kneeing in front of his master.

"Good. Make sure there is no mistake this time." A rough voice sounded through his masks. His appearance shows that he is not normal people.

They have been waiting for a chance to kill Feng Xujin. Deciding to kill him in the military camp was stupid as there is a lot of his subordinate.

So they plan on taking him down in the middle of the forests. Traps have been set all around the forest because they knew Feng Xujin's martial arts can take down hunderds of men.

—————

The palace court was fill with heavy atmosphere. All of them look very serious.

"Feng Xujin. You must go back to the military camp by tomorrow. Train the soldiers and prepare new strategies." His Majesty command him.

Their enemy is nearing their border. So the emperor is worried about the people safety.

They must be prepare to attack back if a war happen. As a general, Feng Xujin will lead the country soldiers.

"I understand Your Majesty." Feng Xujin gives the emperor his respect before he leaves.

—————

General Feng Manor

"Jin Er what about Li Wei Wei? Will you take her with you?" Zhao Li asked  randomly.

"No." Feng Xujin replied shortly.

They are currently in Feng Xujin's study room. 

"Have you asked her? I don't think she will agree." Zhao Li said.

"I want to follow you." Another voice interrupt their conversation. It was Li Wei Wei.

Once she knew that Jin Jin has came back from palace, she quickly went to his study room.

She was about to leave when she saw Feng Xujin and Zhao Li discussing. But when she heard her name, she stopped and listen to it.

"Err then I will leave first. Jin Er sorry." Zhao Li whispered the last sentence to Feng Xujin.

"Jin Jin I don't to live in the manor alone. I want to go with you." Li Wei Wei started as Feng Xujin keep his silence.

"No. In the military camp, there is no lady." Feng Xujin said unhappily.

"But you are there. No one will disturb me. Jin Jin please." Li Wei Wei look at him with big eyes. Trying to appeal.

"No. Ask for anything but not that one." Feng Xujin is worried about her safety.

She glared at him unsatisfied. But she suddenly have an idea.

'I will definitely go to that freaking military camp. huh.' She internally smirk.

"I'm going to packed your things first. You finish your reading quickly. And sleep early."

Once she's done packing, she fall asleep very quick that she doesn't hear that Feng Xujin is back.

He changed his clothes and went to the chamber. Pulling her closer to him. Feng Xujin love the way she smells. He inhaled her soft scent while hearing her soft snoring. 

—————

"Bye Jin Jin. Be safe. See you when you come back." Li Wei Wei wave sadly at her husband.

After giving her a kiss on her forehead, he immediately ride on his horse.

Just like that Zhao Li and Feng Xujin move to their destination. Li Wei Wei peaked at them, making sure they are leaving.

"Zhao Mama! Bring my clothes that I have packed yesterday."

"Madam are you sure about this? General will be very mad if he knows." Zhao Mama try to change Li Wei Wei's mind.

"Thank you Zhao Mama. Don't worry about me. I will go to the military camp not anywhere." Li Wei Wei assured Zhao Mama.

"Shadow guard let's go." A figure suddenly appeared.

The shadow guard had rejected when Li Wei Wei tell him about her plans. But when she insisted, he got no choice but to follow her instructions.

"Bye Zhao Mama! Jin Jin will be surprise when he saw me later." She said while sitting in the carriage.

—————

Riding his horse dashing towards the forest. But Feng Xujin feel something is wrong.

"Stop." He said to Zhao Li.

"What is it? Jin Er do you want to rest for a bit?" Zhao Li asked looking at him.

"Listen." Feng Xujin could hear footsteps from the bushes. They are under attack.

Feng Xujin and Zhao Li jump off from their horse and leaping their sword towards their enemy.

While chaos happen in the middle of the forest, Li Wei Wei finally arrived at the location.

"Madam we should go back. There is a fight happen in the front."

The shadow guards know it was his master. But he couldn't let her madam get hurt.

"What happen?" Li Wei Wei snucked her head out from the carriage.

"Its Jin Jin! What are you doing?! Help him! Now!" Both of the guards look at each other.

"What about you madam? Master will be mad."

"I am okay! Just save him! Go!" Li Wei Wei lose her patience.

Shadow guards then fly towards their master position.

"How did you come here?" Zhao Li asked while avoiding his enemies swords.

The swordsman martial arts is not really good but the traps that they set was dangerous.

"We come with madam. She told us to help master."

Feng Xujin didn't notice the shadow guards as he continued to fight. His move was flawless. Swords slash through the enemies neck without any hesitation.

While Li Wei Wei couldn't feel relax seeing the nerve-wracking scene. Her heart drop when a small blades were being thrown towards Feng Xujin's direction.

Adrenaline coursed through her veins. Running so fast that she thought her legs were going to explode.

"Jin Jin!!" She covered his body with hers.

Hearing her voice, he quickly turn around and grab her away. The blade slowly pierce into his right side.

"Retreat!" The enemies retreat seeing the target has been hurt. The blade contain poison.

"Jin Er!" Zhao Li rush towards them.

All of a sudden, Feng Xujin knees feel so weak. He rest his chin on her shoulder.

"Jin Jin! The blade has poison!" Li Wei Wei look at the black blood on her hand.

"No! No! Not now! It wasn't supposed to be like this!" She cried out. Her bottom lips quivered.

"Don't cry. I'm okay. What are you doing here? What if something happen to you?" Feng Xujin sternly said in a weak tone.

"Shadow guards! Call the physicians now!" Li Wei Wei hold him close to her, trying to stop his blood.

"Li Wei Wei let me help Jin Er. The military camp is near. Let's go."

Zhao Li also worried about his friend. But he tried to hide it. He knows Feng Xujin will be okay.