Chapter 2

Minister Li Manor

Starting the day with new identity feels a bit giddy for Li Wei Wei.

Her "father" in this ancient world didn't take any concubine so she is the only child in the family.

Most job was to think on how to save the great general. Yes, Li Wei Wei has decided to save him since she is already here.

"After all it is a human life. I couldn't ignore it because of the unknown plot." Li Wei Wei convinced herself.

She feels so unfair that out of nowhere she had time travel into this era.

But when she think on the positive side, it was not so bad. She has the chance to explore new things.

Much prefer the ancient era where there is no technology is one of Li Wei Wei's another side that no one knows. This is why she love reading historical novel and drama.

But after some times living here she do feel weird with all the customs bow things.

She snapped out of her thoughts when a maid-servant called her.

"Miss do you need anything?"

Li Wei Wei heard a frantic yelling from a young girl with two adorable space buns wrapped in ribbon.

"Emm may I know what is your name?" Li Wei Wei asked carefully because she is still not used talking down to someone.

"Of course miss. Don't be so polite. Nubi don't deserve that. And nubi name is Qiqi."

"Okay. Qiqi can you help me tie my hair?" Li Wei Wei smiled a bit while shaking her hair feeling uncomfortable with a very long hair.

Qiqi quickly asked her to sit down infront of a ancient mirror. Li Wei Wei finally saw her own face. This body had the same face as hers in the modern world.

"Qiqi how am I in the past?" Li Wei Wei feel curious and she would like to know the original owner personality.

"You are a bit shy and quiet in the past miss. As you are the only child, Master and Madam always pampered you. Please pardon nubi for my improper words miss."

Qiqi quickly kneel down after she said that. Li Wei Wei quickly help her get up.

Qiqi and all the servant noticed that their Miss has changed for good. She became good-natured.

No more an overly shy young miss anymore. The servants have been talking about it due to Li Wei Wei awkwardly smiling and greeting at everyone. She seems like a very different person.

"Madam and Master were glad that you are becoming more active and cheerful since the accident."

Hearing this, Li Wei Wei feel delighted that they like her. She smiled brilliantly leaving Qiqi awestruck.

"Qiqi I would like to go out after this. Will you show me the capital?" She excitedly imagine how the capital would look like.

The capital city of the Tang Empire and center of the government was the city of Chang'an. The emperor lived in the capital and ruled over his vast empire.

"Sure miss. Nubi will inform Madam later."

Changing into a beautiful light pink outfit with Qiqi's ancient hairstyles, she look so different. But a good different.

Qiqi came back telling her that her mother gave her some money to buy some goods for herself.

Li Wei Wei learnt that her mother Liu Ruyi is actually the daughter of the minister for the previous ruler.

While her father is the current minister of education Minister Li Fei Hong.

So they are indeed not related with the general. They also did not appear in the novel.

Qiqi also told her that all the outsider assumed that Minister Li Fei Hong's daughter is ugly and disfigured as the previous owner rarely goes out.

"Even in the ancient world, they still judge someone based on their beauty." She sighed heavily.

But the real owner actually don't like to interact to people. She really like to be alone. Even with her parents, she rarely spoke with them.

——————

Chang An City

Strolling through the busy crowd, Li Wei Wei skipped happily. Her eyes wander at the bustling crowd.

While Qiqi couldn't keep up with her Miss. She look at her Miss who enthusiastically looking around.

Ignorant at the way people looking at her. Li Wei Wei greet the merchant that sells things. Qiqi feel a little worried with the way everyone looked at her Young Miss.

"Who is she? I've never seen her before."

"She is so beautiful."

"Which family daughter is she?"

Her Miss rarely goes out so Qiqi feel a little anxious on how the people react. In the past, if her miss goes out, she always wear a veil.

"Miss wait for nubi!" Qiqi ran after her because Chang An city is so crowded.

Li Wei Wei look back at Qiqi and wait for her to catch up. They stop at the jewellery shop.

She is immediately attracted to the jade hairpins and suddenly think of her real purpose.

"Qiqi do you know General Feng Xujin? If I want to meet him, where do I find him?" Hopefully she could gain some information about the general.

"Of course miss. We all know general. Everyone is afraid of the general. Why do you want to meet the general miss?"

Qiqi feels chilled run down through her veins when she talked about the general.

"Why should I be afraid of him? He protect his own country and citizens. And I actually have some business with him."

Respect and admiration can be seen in Li Wei Wei's eyes while she talked about the general. Everyone around them could hear everything that she talked.

"Uncle I want to buy this hairpins. How much for all of this?" Li Wei Wei picked three hairpins. One is for herself, her mother and Qiqi.

After they paid for it, Li Wei Wei decided to look for some delicacies.

She bought two Tanghulu delicacy and gave one to Qiqi.

While eating, they heard a frantic yelling from someone nearby.

"The General Feng Xujin have came back from the war! He win the war! Make way for the general!"

*********

P.S. Nubi = Slave servant.