Chapter 29

Military Camp

"Jin Er! Jin Er! Hot news!" Zhao Li rushing inside of Feng Xujin's private room. He looked very breathless.

"What is it?" Feng Xujin said without looking up. It has been four days since Li Wei Wei left and he has no mood.

"Great news and bad news which one do you want to hear?" Zhao Li want him to choose before he reveal it.

"Great." Feng Xujin shortly said.

"His Majesty has allow us to go back. He said our enemies had retreat once they heard that you're not dead."

"Someone has ordered the mongolians to attack the border once I'm dead. The poison and the mongolians has connection." Feng Xujin said casually looking at the scroll.

"Jin Er what you mean is our people cooperate with the mongolians?! There is a spy in our country!" Zhao Li couldn't contain his surprised.

"What is the bad news?" Before Zhao Li could speak more, Feng Xujin cut him off.

"Uhh..It's just LiWeiWeislapLiuQiintheface." Zhao Li said not looking at him.

"Speak properly!" When he heard Li Wei Wei's name, he is worried.

"Li Wei Wei slapped His Highness Liu Qi in the face." Zhao Li emphasize every words.

"What?" Feng Xujin don't know how to react.

"Our shadow guards saw it. Fortunately, Liu Qi is gentleman enough not telling it to His Majesty." Zhao Li exhale in relief.

"But our shadow guards didn't say why Li Wei Wei did that. They said it is proper if you ask Li Wei Wei herself." Zhao Li added.

"Let's wrap up everything here and get back to the manor." Feng Xujin said without any delay.

—————

General Feng Manor

"Madam the general is back." Zhao Mama barged into her chamber.

"Really!" Li Wei Wei sprint hearing the news.

"Jin Jin! Where you at!" She scream while skipping down the path. When she saw him at the front door, she run towards him.

"Wei Wei don't run..." Feng Xujin's words were cut off by a sudden crushing hug.

"I missed you." Li Wei Wei mumbled against his chest while inhaling his faint masculine scent.

"I missed you too." He kissed her head while stroking it a bit.

"You should rest first. You must be really tired. And you too Zhao Li." She said not forgetting Zhao Li who keep whistling while looking around.

"I will take my leave first. You two enjoy." Zhao Li said with a hidden meaning.

"I will ask Zhao Mama to prepare some food for you. You sleep for a bit." Li Wei Wei said while preparing the antic bed for him.

Suddenly a pair of hand snaked around her small waist. She turn her head to his direction and found him looking at her intently.

"Why did you slap Liu Qi?" His question surprise her. Her eyes enlarged.

"Errr yeah. It's just that I saw a mosquitoes on his face that's why... hehehe" She is aware that he won't believe it. But Li Wei Wei feel a bit relieved he couldn't see her expression.

Don't want him to know about the truth, he would be furious if he knows.

"You're bad at lying. I will ask shadow guards later." Feng Xujin turned her around and his black eyes stared straight into hers.

"No. I will tell you the truth." She inhaled heavily don't know how to explain.

"He.. he suddenly pulled me into his embrace. I was also surprised." Li Wei Wei finally said waiting for his reaction.

Hearing it, rage pounded in him like a drumbeat. He trembled with rage but he tried to hide it. Feng Xujin don't want to scared her.

"What else?" His voice were rough and deep with glint of anger visible.

"Jin Jin don't be mad. I already slapped him." She don't want him to fight with a prince. Nonetheless, the emperor would have back up his own son.

"What did he say?" It was more like an order for Li Wei Wei to tell him.

"Errr he said he will have me. But I think he is just joking. Why would he want me right? There are prettier ladies out there. Don't take his words seriously." She exhaled heavily after rambling it.

Li Wei Wei was going to keep it a secret but Feng Xujin seems to know everthing.

"He is not." Feng Xujin said shortly. Trying to keep his rage unknown. But it was obvious.

"What do you mean?" Li Wei Wei look at him in confusion.

"A prince don't do jokes."

She is dumbfounded. Li Wei Wei don't know how to convince him. All of a sudden, he let go of her.

Before he could leave, a small hand wrap around him.

"Jin Jin don't go." She want to tell him about Liu Qi involvement in his poison case but in this situation it is not a good timing.

"If you go I will sulk." Li Wei Wei don't have any choice but to threaten him.

Feng Xujin has no intention on fighting with Liu Qi. He is still rational enough. He just want to take a moment to calm his beast side.

If he confronted Liu Qi this moment, all the attention will turn to his wife. They will take her as his weakness.

Feng Xujin don't want that to happen. He don't want her to be in danger. Never in a million years.

—————

The Palace Court

"Rest at your manor. No need to report." His Majesty said knowing Feng Xujin came to pay respect.

"Thank you for your kindness Your Majesty." Feng Xujin bow a bit.

"Zhen also have rewarded Li Wei Wei as she has saved you." The rewards had arrived yesterday.

And Li Wei Wei was all over the moon. Who don't like gold and jewellery?

"I would like to thank you on Wei Wei's behalf." Feng Xujin replied.

"You shouldn't waste her talent. Maybe she could become royal physician." The emperor suggest it.

Feng Xujin thought he has stopped all the rumours about Li Wei Wei's talent on treating illness. But he failed.

"My wife has once said she will only treat our people as a lot of them couldn't afford the fees." Feng Xujin had read Li Wei Wei "bucket list".

At first he don't know what is the bucket list but he figured it out not long ago.

Feng Xujin has read that she love travelling. But he is not someone who could give her all that. He is tied with the country safety.

"Good good. Then Zhen will host a special treatment day for Li Wei Wei in the capital." His Majesty feel satisfied with his decision.