Chapter 40

General Feng Manor

"Where is Li Wei Wei?" He asked Zhao Mama.

"Madam has been isolate herself in the chamber since she sent your food. She don't want anyone to bother her." Zhao Mama said worriedly.

Feng Xujin quickly head to her chamber. He just barged in without caring about anything.

The first thing he saw was Li Wei Wei sitting in the corner with hands on her face. Her body trembling with sobs.

"What's wrong?" He asked softly.

"Nothing." She wiped her tears, walking away from him.

"Tell me this instant." Feng Xujin deep voice sounded very stern.

Li Wei Wei suddenly drop a bomb.

"Take a concubine." She said.

Feng Xujin was so surprised that his eyes burned with anger.

"What are you talking about?!" His anger exploded.

Li Wei Wei has decided to make him hate her so she could leave with ease.

She also want him to take a concubine to take care of their child. She is determined on giving birth before she die.

"You either divorce me or take a concubine. You choose." Her heart shattered when she said those words.

"What is wrong with you?" He want to know the truth.

"I don't want you anymore. I don't love you. I lied." She clenched her fist when she said those words.

In his whole life he have never been this hurt. His heart, mentally, physically hurting. A lot.

"You're lying." He tries to assure himself.

"No I didn't. I'm tired living with you. I am always surrounded by enemies. I want to be free." Tears streaming down her face.

Feng Xujin thought that tears were because of him but it was actually she regret everything that she said to hurt him.

"If that is what you really want, I will take a concubine. You are not going to leave me." Feng Xujin didn't realize a tears slip from his eyes. He left after he said that.

He has never cry as he has been teach to be strong everytime. But Li Wei Wei had hurt him so bad.

"Jin Jin I'm so sorry. I couldn't let you suffer when I'm gone." Li Wei Wei could hold the heartbreak no longer and she fell to the floor in a disheveled heap as her grief poured out in a flood of uncontrollable tears.

"I am very sorry. You must take care of your father when you grow up." She said caressing her stomach.

That night Feng Xujin didn't come back while she cry herself to sleep.

—————

"Jin Er what's wrong with you?" Zhao Li look at his friends who keep drinking.

"She don't want me anymore."

"What happened? Did you two fight?" Zhao Li asked worriedly. His friends has always been strong. But now, he is completely broken.

"She told me to take a concubine." Feng Xujin were completely sober. But he try to get drunk.

"What?! That is impossible. She is not someone like that! She wouldn't want another lady be with you!" Zhao Li strongly disagree.

"I need to divorce her if I didn't take a concubine." His always cold voice couldn't cover his disappointment.

Feng Xujin's heart had broke and he felt numb. He then left without waiting for Zhao Li to answer. Feng Xujin sleep in his study room.

"Something is wrong. Feng Xujin you're smart in everything but why didn't you suspect anything?!" Zhao Li could sense there is something wrong with both of them.

—————

It has been two weeks since they talked to each other. She knew Feng Xujin were very very mad. And her morning sickness started to surface.

"Madam general had found a lady to be his concubine. She is Zhang Family daughter. The ceremony will be advocate next week." Zhao Mama said sullenly.

"Then it's good. Zhao Mama I am craving for sour food. Can you cook for me later?" Zhao Mama look at her oddly. For the past few days, she had been asking for weird things.

"Yes madam. I will cook it for you." Zhao Mama agreed anyway.

—————

Located under the blue sky, the manor were sullen due to all the problem that arise. All of the servant knew it well that they shouldn't intervene so they kept quiet.

In the courtyard, two figure with distressed expression. They are Zhao Li and Feng Xujin.

"You are really going to ignore her and take a concubine?" Zhao Li can feel that Feng Xujin is suffering.

Feng Xujin only nodded. He has no mood to talk after their huge fight.

"Are you serious?" Zhao Li test him again.

Once again, Feng Xujin only nodded and kept his silence. Zhao Li shake his head thinking about the couple.

After a while of a dead silence, an elderly figure past by them. She is holding an antic tray of foods.

"Zhao Mama! What is that? Smell so good." Zhao Li called her out when he saw her carrying foods.

"This is madam's food. She want to eat sour food. I will leave first then." Zhao Mama said and quickly left.

She didn't want to face Feng Xujin. Zhao Mama is also mad at him for not persuading Li Wei Wei.

Zhao Li could sense that everyone is holding their frustrations on Feng Xujin for agreeing on Li Wei Wei request.

"Master there is an old man who want to meet you." A guard suddenly interrupted.

"Who?"

"He doesn't seem like he is from here." The guard nervously said.

Feng Xujin go out and saw an old man he has never met before. He look like an outsider.

"Who are you?" Feng Xujin asked without any delay.

"That's not important. I just want to tell you that your wife's life will be in danger if she continues to bear the child." The old man could feel Li Wei Wei is becoming weak day by day.

"Child?" His heart stopped for a moment. So she has been hiding from him because of this.

"Her body is too weak. She will die if she stubbornly want to keep the child. This is the poison I gave her but she throw it away. You should make the decision." His hand tremble holding the poison. The old man then leave.

"Jin Er what happen?" Zhao Li suddenly appeared. But he was surprised when he saw Feng Xujin's body tremble a bit.

"She is pregnant." A whisper came out from his mouth.

"What?! How did you know that?!" Zhao Li were shocked. Feng Xujin only kept quiet looking at the poison.

"That's a good news! Why do you look so sad?" Zhao Li anxiously asked.

"I need to choose between her and our child." He has never feel this heart broken.

Zhao Li's eyes widen. He couldn't believe it. Why was this thing always happen to his friend?

—————
P.S.
Thank you for everything.