Chapter 42

Five Months Later

Hiding the great news from were indeed very hard. Feng Xujin have no intention on telling everyone that Li Wei Wei is pregnant as it will increase the risks of being targeted.

He realised that having enemies is not benefiting at all. Before Li Wei Wei enter his life, he never cared about all the enemy he has. But now it is a different case.

So he decided to hid her pregnancy from everyone, until one day it was completely uncontrollably. It was when Li Wei Wei's stomach started to grow bigger.

Feng Xujin do inform Li Wei Wei's parents and they are blissful. Feng Xujin personally asked them not to spread the news until Li Wei Wei gave birth safely.

"You haven't visit me for days. Are you that busy?" He could hear her voice from his study room.

Looking up slowly from his work, he could see his wife getting prettier day by day. She was literally glowing.

He couldn't help but feel bless by her presence. For the past few days he had been working without a break but every night he would visit her room just to see her face.

"I'm sorry." Feng Xujin said it. It was getting easier to say sorry to her since she is the only one who will heard it from him.

Li Wei Wei slowly walk up to him. She is wearing a pink hanfu but it was visible that the clothes were bigger than her usual size.

She is still the same except that her aura is changing. Probably due to the pregnancy. Li Wei Wei's aching on her back is getting worse but sometimes Zhao Mama will massage her back.

Li Wei Wei were very grateful that since she pregnant, her mother always send her food and some herbs. Feng Xujin also follow her steps as she always had a changing of mood.

"I miss you." Sitting in front of him while pouting like a small child. Li Wei Wei feels like she is being extra clingy.

"Come here." Feng Xujin instructed her to come near him. He don't like her sitting on the floor as it was cold.

Standing up carefully, she walked towards him before he started to nagged. His naggers is getting worse these days. She was about to sit beside him but he slowly lift her towards his lap.

"I am heavy! I will sit beside you." Li Wei Wei voice accidentally raise as she was startled.

"You're not heavy. Just let me hold you." Feng Xujin hold her still as he hugged her closely to him.

She let him hold her. His hands slowly stroke her stomach. He could feel that his baby sometimes moving. A proud feeling arouse in him.

"The time fly by so fast right Jin Jin?" Li Wei Wei turn her head to take a good look of him.

"Hmm." Feng Xujin place his head by the crook of her neck. He couldn't get enough of her scent.

"It's ticklish! Don't do that!" She laughed when she feel his breath on her neck.

"I love you." His words made her choke.

"I love you too." Her eyes started to tear up but she held it in.

For the past few months, she could feel that her body is getting weaker. But she acted like it was a normal condition of someone who is pregnant. So she try her best to cherish her moment with her husband.

—————

Palace's Court

"Feng Xujin why must I hear the great news from outsider?" The emperor asked as soon as they did the country's matter.

"I didn't mean to hide it from everyone but I'm just worried about my wife's welfare."

"Are you still mad at Zhen because of the last incident?" The emperor could sense that Feng Xujin deliberately forbid Li Wei Wei from entering the palace as His Majesty didn't meet her since the last incident.

Seeing that Feng Xujin just kept silence, His Majesty congratulated him and Li Wei Wei. Then, all the officials started to disperse.

"I still can't believe that our general will be blessed with a child." Two of the official started to gather up.

"Yes me too. I thought he has no interest in woman and marriage." The other official replied.

"That lady is lucky to be able to conceive his child."

"That's right. Let's just hope she will gave birth to a son so that the general will remain to care for her." The official said it carefully.

In this era, gaving birth to a son is very important. It is to give a woman an important recognition. So everytime their wife is pregnant, they will pray at the temples for a son.

—————

"Wow! This is a lot!" Li Wei Wei were very surprised when she saw a bunch of gifts from the palace.

"Throw this away." Feng Xujin casually said it to a guard.

"Wait! Why are throwing these away?" The guards about to move it away but Li Wei Wei stop them.

"We don't know if they put anything dangerous in it." Feng Xujin suspicions towards everyone has increased due to his sensitivity for her welfare.

"Also if you want, I will buy a new one for you."

"Jin Jin stop it! You're wasting everything that are very expensive." Li Wei Wei sternly said.

"Then what are we going to do with it. You're not going to use those." He is determined on throwing it away as he know she will want some of the gifts.

"What about giving it to our people? Zhao Mama will check first to make sure it is safe." She knew Feng Xujin will not let her use any of them so she at least want to give it away to people who are in need.

He is being too sensitive since he knew that she is bearing a child of his. Her food will only be cook by Zhao Mama and will be tasted before it can get into Li Wei Wei mouth.

Her clothes and robes will be use and wash until it was very clean as he is afraid of some germs and virus. She is not allow to do hard work and she need to spend time in the manor only.

Li Wei Wei obviously feel stuffy living in the manor 24/7. But it is for herself so she bear with it. She is excited for the baby to see the world.

—————

P.S.
How's y'all doing?
Thank you for waiting 🥰