Chapter 39

"Zhao Mama! I will quickly come back!" She screamed a bit loud to attract Zhao Mama's attention.

Li Wei Wei is on her way to the palace. She brought some food for Feng Xujin. He has been there since morning.

The city's atmosphere were a bit dull today. She look around, everyone seem unusually calm. Sighing heavily, she headed to her destination.

While walking, she incidentally crash into an old man. She was about to say sorry but she was too surprised to see a familiar face.

"Wait! I think we've met before." She try to remember him.

"Ahh! Old senior right! But I thought you only lived in the cave." She said.

"What are you doing here in the city?" Li Wei Wei added in hurry.

"I came to tell you that your time is coming to an end very soon. Settle everything here and go back." The old senior said without any hesitation.

"Also abort it. If not, you are going to die. Your body couldn't afford it." He added. Li Wei Wei couldn't understand him but it suddenly strike her.

"Abort? Am I pregnant?" She look at her stomach. Yes, she is indeed feeling a bit aching in her back since a few days ago.

"Are you serious? And how do you know?" Li Wei Wei were dumbfounded.

"This is the poison to abort it. It won't have any problem. I made it myself." The old man has grown fond of the girl in front of him.

"What are you talking about! I wouldn't do that!" Li Wei Wei protectively defended the unborn child that she doesn't even know exists.

"Your body is getting weak. You couldn't carry him or her for nine months." The old man trying to persuade her.

Li Wei Wei knew that the old senior think for her best. But how could she? A mother who kill her own child for her own safety?

"I thanked you for your kindness old senior. But I couldn't do that. Even though I am risking my own life." Li Wei Wei said sadly holding her stomach.

When she looked up, the old man is nowhere to be find. But the small pouch of poison is still there.

"Jin Jin I'm so sorry I couldn't do that to our unborn child." She said throwing the poison away with tears streaming down her face.

—————

The Palace

Walking slowly with her head looking down, thinking about their unborn child and her husband. It breaks her heart into pieces.

'Why are you so unfair towards me god?' The thought clouded her mind.

She is going to leave them here. Her vision starting to get blurry; she couldn't hold it anymore.

"How are you Li Wei Wei? We haven't meet for weeks. I thought you want to repay me?" Liu Qi look at the girl in front of him who stared at the floor. He is not one who talks a lot but in front of her, words instinctively coming out.

Li Wei Wei look up find out it was Liu Qi. But she couldn't careless about his presence. She got a bigger problem.

"Don't bother me. I'm in no mood talking to someone." She replied through sobs.

Liu Qi were indeed surprised when he saw she is actually crying. He thought she is a very stubborn girl who don't know the word giving up. But she is currently having a breakdown.

"What happen to you?" He unconsciously asked.

"Don't quarrel with Feng Xujin again. Just live your life peacefully. Help me look after him. Don't be too selfish." Li Wei Wei don't have any energy to talk anymore.

"Where are you going?!" He yelled when she leave him standing alone. But she didn't say anything.

The food that she brought didn't reach Feng Xujin as Li Wei Wei didn't have the courage to face him. She decided to bring it back to the manor.

With confusion in his mind, Liu Qi quickly find Feng Xujin. He don't know why he feel so flustered.

"Feng Xujin something is wrong with Li Wei Wei." Liu Qi say in one breath. He has never been this panicked before.

"What did you do to her?" Feng Xujin suddenly raise his voice.

"I didn't do anything! Just go back and check on her!" Liu Qi lose his control. He realised he care for her.

—————

P.S.
a very short chapter.
she is pregnant!
finally coming to an end very very soon.