Chapter 23

After her endless blurting out secrets, she has been trying to be careful with her big mouth.

"Jin Jin! Tonight is the lantern festival. Do you want to come with me?" Li Wei Wei skipped happily to his study room.

Arrived at his door, she saw her husband discussing work with Zhao Li.

"I'm sorry if I disturb you." She is about to walk away, a voice called her.

"I will come with you later. Tell the guards to prepare carriage." His words made her happy.

"Okay! I will go first. See you later!" She ran away to find some pretty clothes for tonight.

"O..Okay? Do you noticed she sometimes say things we haven't heard before." Zhao Li look at Feng Xujin with frown.

"You leave first. I got something to do."

Feng Xujin ignored him. He knew she is different from others. But he couldn't tell what was it.

Even if she is different, he don't care. She is the only woman he has ever love in his whole life.

—————

Chang An City

Walking with her husband in the capital for the first time makes her feel proud.

The day started to get dark and the festival is about to start. All the people walk around with their loved one.

"Jin Jin look at the fireflies!" Li Wei Wei pointed it out.

"It is beautiful right?"

The dark sky is dotted with countless small stars. The fireflies sails like a silvery boat in the deep blue sea. Children's laughter can be heard. Some of them ran far away playing hide-and-seek.

People are eating mooncakes. The old senior are looking at the moon, silently making a wish in their hearts.

"It is indeed beautiful." He said looking at her. Feng Xujin has fall for her hard.

Li Wei Wei is wearing a light green hanfu with some flowers on it. She actually put some makeup on to look good in front of him.

"Old senior where should we hang this lantern?" She ask while picking two lantern.

"Our tradition said that the higher you hang it, the better. And your wish will comes true." The old senior said while giving back Li Wei Wei's balance.

Turning back to her Jin Jin, she gave him one of the lantern. Before he could reject, she had already place it on his hand.

"We should get a ladder. I want to go...." Feng Xujin pick her up easily, flying towards the roof.

"That was awesome. I totally forgot you can fly. Hehe." She said while hanging her lantern.

"Put yours right there. Let's make a wish." Li Wei Wei then clasps her hands together and make a wish.

'If I'm not destined to be here, please keep him safe.' Her heart feel so heavy making that wish.

"What did you wish for?" She quickly look at him after making a wish. But she found him looking straight at her.

"Nothing. What about you?" Feng Xujin asked.

"It's just a normal wish." Li Wei Wei avoiding his question.

After a moment of silence, she asked him something.

"Jin Jin what if one day I suddenly went missing?"

She said looking at his face, wanting to remember it in her mind afraid if she is to return back.

"I will find you in every nook and cranny of this world." Feng Xujin is not joking when he said this. No one is going to take her away from him.

Li Wei Wei smile looking at her husband charming face. He is looking at the sky intently.

Hearing his words, her tears unintentionally slip from her eyes. She is unwilling to leave him.

Before this, she has always begging to go home. But now her only heart is here in the ancient era.

"Why would you ask..."

He turn his face to look at her but all of a sudden her small hands grab his face and pulled him towards her.

Li Wei Wei give him a peck on his lips. She knew she will leave him alone in the future by force. She was about to pulled away but his hand grab her waist.

His lips brushed hers, softly, delicately, like butterfly wings, just long enough that he could inhale her breath, feel the warmth of her skin.

The moon become the witness of the couple's romantic gesture.

'I love you Feng Xujin. I hope I can stay by your side forever.' Her tears escaped again.

-----

Li Wei Wei is determined on enjoying her life while she is here. She is going to appreciate every single time.

"Zhao Mama where is Jin Jin? I haven't seen him since morning." She feel so odd not seeing him for a day.

After their visit to the lantern festival last week, it has made them become more intimate.

"General and Master Zhao Li has gone to the palace. His Majesty has summon them this morning." Zhao Mama smile looking at her madam worry face.

"Ohh really. Then I will go back to my room. Tell me when he is back."