NINE. sucks being single

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

The morning rehearsals ran normal as usual, other than the fact of Miss Kate informing the team about the Internationals board checking if all fourteen dancers would be coming. Now, there was a break and East found herself practicing her turns in Studio A. Usually, she'd join Noah with whatever he was doing, but she had no idea where he ran off to. East decided to take some time to herself and practice her dance moves. She was the youngest dancer on A-Troupe after all, so if she were to help her team succeed at Internationals, to get onto featured dances and to not become an alternate, she had to practice. Practice made perfect. East began doing a section of pirouettes and as she went into her fifth one, she could hear someone stepping into the room. On her seventh one, she stopped and glanced to the door by the cubbies to see Richelle entering.

"Hey," East greeted her as Richelle neared her. "I thought you were rehearsing with Abi."

"I was, but then Noah came and I... left," Richelle replied, sounding a bit irritated.

"Oh, so that's where he left off to in such a hurry. He's got it bad for her."

"Really?"

"Uh-huh. You should've seen him last time when he was around Abi. Chloe asked me, Noah and Abi to help West for his audition, and every chance Noah got, he'd try to impress Abi," East explained with a chuckle. She realized that Richelle wasn't finding any amusement to the situation and instead seemed anxious. "Hey, you okay?"

"Yeah." Richelle nodded, though East wasn't fooled.

"Richelle, you're not fooling me. What's wrong?"

Richelle let out a sigh. She knew she couldn't lie to East. It had been proven many times that East could spot a liar. Besides, East and Richelle knew each other pretty well.

"It's Noah," the brunette finally confessed. "And Abi. I just can't stand seeing them."

"I know. It sucks being single," East confessed, adding in a fake gag.

"No, I mean... I want Noah to be happy, yeah, but..."

"Just not with Abi?" East finished off Richelle's sentence, who gave a confirming nod. East's eyebrows pulled together before an epiphany hit her. "Wait, you like Noah?" Another hesitant nod came from Richelle and East couldn't help but chuckle lightly. "Oh, my God, you like Noah!"

Richelle quickly went up to East and covered her mouth. "Shush!" East muffled a response, but Richelle couldn't understand it. "Yes, I think I like Noah, but for the love of God, East, keep it down!"