SIXTY-SIX. last shot

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Some of the A-Troupers gathered in Studio A, warming up for what lay ahead today. The first Regionals dance was going to be assigned today and to pick the dancers for the hip-hop routine, Emily and Michelle said they'd bring in two special choreographers. Who? East had no clue, but she was excited. She wanted to get onto this hip-hop dance.

The A-Troupers' attention got caught by two people who entered the studio — former Next Stepper's LaTroy and Sloane. East didn't know why the two were here, but she was happy enough to join everyone else in greeting them with hugs. It was always nice to see familiar faces.

"You guys know why we're here?" Sloane asked and the dancers shook their heads. "So listen up. We're each going to choreograph a dance, those dances are going to face off, and then we're gonna pick the best dancers to represent The Next Step at Regionals in the hip-hop category." The A-Troupers cheered at the idea. Sloane and LaTroy had been on tour with Luther Brown, so East knew that the two could easily come up with a great hip-hop routine. "It's a really, really big deal and Michelle and Emily are counting on us, so y'all better be good."

"We're gonna split up the boys and girls," LaTroy said.

"And I'll take the boys!" Sloane announced, stopping the boys from going to LaTroy and changing their direction toward Sloane. "Boys can come with me."

"I'mma take the girls!"

The boys left the studio with Sloane, leaving the girls in Studio A with LaTroy. LaTroy was an amazing hip-hop dancer, so East had a great feeling about his routine. The group started working on their routine and LaTroy's choreography was really making East bring everything to the table. Upon going through one of the sections of the choreography, LaTroy stopped the girls for a moment, looking specifically toward Davis.

"What's your name?" LaTroy asked her.

"Davis," the blonde answered.

"David?"

"Davis."

LaTroy stared at her for a moment before speaking, "You're blonde Jacquie." East shared a confused look with Piper. No one spoke of LaTroy's new nickname for Davis as they went back to their spacing. "All right, from the top."

. . .

After a long day of rehearsing, it was finally time for the girls and the boys to face off with their hip-hop dances and see who'd be victorious. First up were the boys who made quite the entrance with each of them doing different types of flips onto the dance floor. They were bringing it to the floor. Was East thrown? A tiny bit, but she wasn't nervous about the girls' dance.