NINETEEN. leader board

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Internationals day 2 had arrived and on the morning of it, The Next Step was scheduled to go to the auditorium so they could practice on the stage. However, when they entered the auditorium through the seating area, the Polish team was busy rehearsing on stage. East wasn't surprised by this as every team was going to use the stage and Poland was scheduled before them. What made her eyes pop out of their sockets was watching the Polish team dance.

The team was one of the only teams at Internationals with all-male dancers. Well, except for their female alternate, but besides that, East was still impressed. She had never seen this many male dancers in one team ever and they were all so talented and strong. She could tell her teammates were also going through some shock while watching the performance.

"They're really good," East said aloud, earning a few nods around her.

"Did they win last year?" Riley raised the question.

"Actually, they didn't make it past the second round," Miss Kate answered.

East glanced at the women with wide eyes and held a strained smile. "Oh. Fun."

. . .

A-Troupe stood in the lobby, waiting for the return of their dance captain, like many other teams around them. For the next challenge, the dance captains of each team had to meet with the Internationals board who'd tell them what would happen next. None of the dancers knew what the challenge would be, so East was curious to know what it was.

"Oh, look, Giselle's coming," Eldon pointed out, pulling East out of her conversation with Sam, Noah, and Michelle. She turned around and saw that Giselle along with dance captains from other teams were coming down the steps.

"Hey," Giselle greeted her teammates upon reaching them as they all huddled up.

"Hey, so what's the first round?" Thalia asked.

"Okay, so basically they're putting four dancers from different nations onto one team, so you have to learn how to work together. The thing is there are forty teams and only the top four advance."

At the revelation, East's jaw dropped in shock as everyone around her let out shocking remarks. There were 160 countries and if East's math was correct, only 16 would remain at the end. A lot was riding on this challenge.

"Well, do we know who the best fit is from our studio?" Eldon inquired.

"Well, we get to choose," Giselle explained.