EIGHTY-ONE. faith, trust & a little bit of pixie dust

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Today was starting weird for East. Before rehearsals commenced, she was called into the office by Emily and Nick while the rest of her team was stretching on the dance floor. Now, it wasn't weird that she, the dance captain, was being called in right before rehearsals. What was weird was the vibe in the room... It felt off.

Nick seemed fine, but Emily looked distressed as East sat before the two of them. Emily always looked collected and put together, so it was odd. East thought it was because of Michelle's farewell yesterday, but Emily's outburst proved that she got everything off her chest. This was something different and East had a feeling she wasn't going to like it.

"So, what's up?" East asked the studio owner and the studio head. "Am I getting a dance captain badge?"

"East, you know that doesn't exist," Emily told her.

"I know, but a girl can dream, can't she?"

"Dream on, East," Nick encouraged her with a smile. "Anyway, we wanted to tell you that we have a dancer for the final spot on A-Troupe."

"Oh, already?" East asked in shock. It seemed like the dance season was moving quickly. First Michelle left and now the holes left by Noah and Jacquie were finally being filled... It felt so rushed, but East was excited about the new beginnings. "Okay, is it a dancer from B-Troupe?"

"No, but you are familiar with her," Emily said in a hesitant tone, and East furrowed her brows. "You remember Lily, right?"

"Oh, yeah! She and her mother were terrible. Because of them, I avoided all clothing that had the slightest bit of sparkle or leopard print," the dancer expressed her anger, shaking her head while her black braids shook lightly from the movement. "Wait, why are we talking about them?" As Emily and Nick shared a hesitant look, the dots connected in East's head and her eyes widened... No! "Oh, Emily, please tell me this is an early April Fool's joke."

"East, listen—"

"You're serious?" East questioned in disbelief as she stood up. "Emily, she almost tore this team apart. Her mother wanted to ruin The Next Step's name. Lily cared about no one but herself. You're seriously thinking about giving her a spot on the team?"

"It's just an audition, East. It's not finalized," Nick tried assuring her.

"With all due respect, Nick, you don't get it," she stated, shocked that the adults in the room were acting like this. "Neither of you do because neither of you were there. I had never seen the team so drained of passion for dance, but because of Lily and Miss Angela, it happened and we were on the brink of breaking." She glanced over to Emily, who sighed. "You know what she did to Piper, Emily. Are you both seriously considering this?"