SEVENTY-FIVE. something in the air

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

'Tis the season to be jolly... Or at least that was what the song said, and East North lived by those words during the holiday season. After all, what was not to love about Christmas? The presents, the food, the love in the air... Christmas was just a big hug, and what better way to celebrate Christmas than with her dance family.

Not only was it the season of Christmas, but it was also the 30th anniversary of The Next Step. To celebrate both, Miss Kate was holding a special Christmas party at The Next Step. A-Troupe was kicking off the event by performing a special routine of the Nutcracker, choreographed by former A-Trouper and Next Stepper, Eldon. The dancers would be performing for the guests, which were the former TNS dancers who were happy enough to drop by for the celebration.

East was incredibly excited for today. What made it better was that she was given the role of Clara in the dance, so she and Finn (who'd be playing the Nutcracker Prince) would start the dance. Eldon's choreography was always incredible and she always had the best time rehearsing it and performing it. Currently, the A-Troupers were doing that. They had spent the majority of the morning with Eldon, rehearsing the routine. However, the choreography was coming every which way, because Eldon's head was everywhere. Meanwhile, Emily and Michelle had been decorating the studio before the guest arrived.

"Hey, Finn, wanna practice our duet section?" East asked the blonde boy upon approaching him. Oddly, he didn't respond and merely stood still with a plastered grin on his face. East frowned in confusion and waved her hand in front of his face. "Finn? You okay, buddy?"

Finn was an interesting character, but this behavior was weird even for him. East lifted her index finger and began reaching out to poke him.

"No, no, no!" Finn exclaimed through his gritted smile. "Don't do that!"

"Wha—Why?"

"Eldon told me to stand still and not to move, and I don't want to disappoint him."

The dark-haired dancer went to open her mouth but decided against it and shut it. She knew Eldon didn't mean that literally because he had told her the same thing, but Finn was in over his head trying to impress the TNS legend. Another blonde caught her attention as she approached East.

"Hey, East, has Eldon spoken to you yet?" Richelle inquired. Like the rest of the girls, she was in her dancewear and had a white tutu on, while East had a pink tutu on because of her character. However, Richelle was playing the role of the Sugarplum Fairy.

"About what?" East responded.

"About my solo."

The North girl furrowed her brows in perplexity. "You mean the solo he gave to Piper?"