FORTY-SEVEN. poker face

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Now that TNS East didn't have to worry about TNS West, Emily wanted to focus on the team's next big challenge — Regionals. The dancers gathered together before Emily who had an oh-so-familiar serious look on her face.

"Now, it's time to get serious. If you thought that was hard then you have no idea what it's like to try and win Regionals," Emily declared to the dancers. "It's time for us to look towards the future and the future for this studio is a video. A video that will be uploaded to a website where a panel of judges will decide who even gets to go to Regionals this year. Alright, I only have one last question." Emily pointed to a brown box sitting on one of the seats. "Whose box is this?"

"I'd actually, uh, like to make an announcement, please," Elliot spoke up and East assumed he was the owner of the box. She was curious to know what the newest member of A-Troupe had brought. So far, she knew nothing about Elliot. He was like a mystery. Emily gestured for Elliot to step forward and he did. "Now, I've only been here for a very short time, but I know greatness when I see it. This is a great team and we need something to let the whole world know it." Elliot took his box and put it on the floor before the dancers. "It's a new look for The Next Step." Elliot opened the box and pulled out a silver jacket with The Next Step on the back in light blue, earning gasps of glee from everyone. East liked the jacket. She preferred the original dark blue A-Troupe tracksuit but maybe with some time, she would grow to love this one Elliot brought. "And there's one for each and every one of you." He turned to Emily and handed her the jacket. "Including our glorious leader. The beautiful, talented Emily."

"Wow, these are so pretty," East voiced as Elliot began handing everyone their jackets. "They must've been expensive. I mean, to get the colors, make the logo, have it put on the jackets and make even more. How'd you pay for all of this?"

East's remark caused everyone to turn their attention to Elliot for an answer because she did make a good point. Elliot's jackets looked pretty fancy. East felt like Elliot looked a bit annoyed at her remark, but she was only curious.

"You ask a lot of questions, don't you?" Elliot replied with a small chuckle.

"I have been told I'm a curious individual."

"Well, you know what they say about curiosity. It kills the cat."

East's smile fell a bit as Elliot stepped away from her and approached the rest of the team with the jackets. Maybe it was just her, but his response sounded super harsh. Or maybe she just needed to get to know Elliot a bit.

. . .

Rehearsals continued as normal for TNS East in Studio 1. The dancers had begun rehearsing their new routine for the Regionals qualifier video and Richelle was making sure it was perfect. As East did a lift with Kai, Richelle made everyone stop what they were doing when she called out Zara.