FOURTEEN. take a chance

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Rehearsing the Internationals semifinals routine, Let's Dance Tonight, with her teammates was providing to be a great distraction for East, especially with the drama in her life right now. She loved doing the dance, but she just wasn't feeling it. She and Noah still hadn't talked since their argument and it was killing East. She tried so many times to talk to him, but he kept ignoring her.

Another thing that was off about the dance was the fact that Michelle wasn't there. East understood she was having a hard time with her parent's divorce, but she thought Michelle would still come to rehearsals. As the dance ended, everyone got into their ending positions with their partners. Unfortunately for East, her partner was Noah and it felt so awkward when they were holding each other. As soon as Miss Kate commended them, East and Noah quickly separated.

Miss Kate gathered everyone around, as she had some news to share. "So, apparently, for round three of the competition, we need to have a dance with five or six dancers in it." East nodded, getting pretty excited. She had been attending all rehearsals and been putting so much work and effort into each of them, so she hoped Miss Kate would choose her to be in the dance. "Why don't we have, uh, Eldon, Cierra, Stephanie, Thalia, and Michelle?"

Well, she spoke way too soon. East's shoulders dropped a bit, her former excitement being crushed down. She had been working so hard; why couldn't Miss Kate see that? East noticed that Noah was also upset, so much that he left the studio. She sighed, watching him leave with a solemn expression. The one person she wanted to talk to about this because they were both going through the same thing, but he wouldn't talk to her.

. . .

East sat at one of the tables in Hidalgos as she scribbled away on her notebook. Since the group for round three of Internationals was rehearsing their dance, East had some free time. Thankfully, she had work to do during her free time — sort things out with Noah and, somehow, convince Miss Kate to at least consider her for one of the dances.

Whenever East had a problem, she liked to write it down and plan out different solutions on how she'd solve or overcome it. So basically, she treated it like a Maths sum. She was good at Maths, so hopefully, this would work. East was so deep in thought that she didn't even notice someone sat on the chair opposite her. She only looked up when said person snatched her pen out of her hand.

"Hey!" East whined, her eyes meeting Richelle's green ones filled with confusion. East softened a bit upon realizing it was Richelle and not someone else (like Riley and James who had been acting pretty odd today), but she still wasn't relaxed. In fact, Richelle's presence reminded East of the last time they were together and she felt different. "Can I have my pen back?"