FIFTY-SIX. sacrifice

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

East and Noah were leading warmups on the barres today. They couldn't start rehearsals because Piper hadn't arrived yet and East had no idea if she was going to today. She tried calling and messaging Piper, but she sounded so down. Also, Lily wasn't there yet, so East assumed she was going to arrive with Miss Angela. As the group finished, Lily finally arrived with Miss Angela behind her.

"Okay, cool, thanks for taking over East and Noah," Lily said, causing East and Noah to share both annoyed looks. "I'm here now, though, so I can take over. So you guys wanna take your spots at the barre? So, uh—"

"Uh, Lily, Noah and East are dance co-captain," Miss Angela voiced, taking East by surprise. "Everyone voted for them to be in charge, yes?" At that, the A-Troupers nodded in confirmation. "East, Noah, continue. Lily, take your spot."

With a frown, Lily took her spot at the barre and Noah and East continued leading the excersies on the barre with their team. However, that was a bit hard with Miss Angela's constant comments every now and again.

"Excellent, people. Tomorrow we're going to start working on duets," Miss Angela announced once the excerise was over. "Duets are the backbone of a competition. So I want you to start thinking about your dance partner. Someone who you know that will be..." Miss Angela trailed off as something else caught her attention — Henry and Amy's hushed conversation. "Henry and Amy, I believe I said 'thinking' not 'talking while I'm talking'."

"Sorry," Henry apologized.

"Uh, excuse me, Miss Angela?" Summer raised her hand and Miss Angela nodded for her to continue. "We should find a partner for Piper, right? 'Cause she's just not here today. She's sick."

"Well, I'm not worried about Piper," Miss Angela declared. East's eyebrows pulled together, worry growing in her. That did not sound good, especially for Piper. "This is what happens when you miss rehearsals. Let's carry on. East, Noah?"

. . .

Right now, the team was just doing their stretches, waiting for Lily to arrive East and Noah could start the warmups. East found it unbelievable that Lily got to arrive late for rehearsals and she couldn't even say anything, otherwise Miss Angela would do something about it. East rose from the floor with a sigh, growing impatient as she approached Noah and Jacquie.

"Okay, where is she?" East rose the question to Noah who shrugged. "It's been, like, ten minutes."

"There she is," bitterly muttered Jacquie. East and Noah followed her gaze, seeing Lily finally arrive.