28: A Frightening Vision

Author's Pov

The young man sighs as he stares at the book while gripping his hair. He was the magician who oaths to protect the empire. The burden on his shoulder continues to stress him.

Frustration surrounded his atmosphere as he aggressively stood and went towards the window to gaze at the garden. He had been researching for hours yet he couldn't find any proofs of House Reiss and House Hyll showing any sign of dark magic over time.

He had been suspecting Knile and was ready to accuse her but couldn't because he lacks proof and doing so, is disgraceful. During his investigation, he noticed her life is getting more suspicious and strange. She had met a lot of unfortunate events that didn't sound right to him.

Comparing her actions during childhood to the current state notified him something was up. Instead of talking about business and the current circumstances, she instead talks about magic during his visit.

It's normal for people to talk about magic, but for her to be enlightened again through his knowledge didn't sound right. The Knile he knew possess more knowledge and skills when it comes to magic so why? Why was she asking for his help when it comes to magic?

She was also quite uncommunicative when he raised a question about the situations that almost got her killed. He visualized that in the past Knile would be upset and would want anyone who wanted her dead to be tortured and executed but this vision failed him.

This rendered him to lose control and started telling her the importance of life which also cause her to raise her voice and created an awkward atmosphere between them. Thankfully, she had instantly forgiven him and gave him permission to bring her along to the festival.

Her reactions didn't alter, and he was a bit upset he didn't saw her smile or anything. She gave her a red beautiful flower with the expectation of seeing her eyes shine in happiness but his expectation failed him.

He ignored the reaction and tried to lighten her mood and was soon met by the prince and her.

Whenever he sees her, he always feels weird.

He was disgusted by this feeling but cannot help liking it.

He watches as both sides argue and got entertained by the reactions. When he saw her whimper, he suddenly has this urge to protect her and cause harm to Knile.

With a smile on his face, he ceased the debate while fighting the urge to mistreat and insult Knile during the whole event.

He felt unwell as he watches the heroine whimper. He barely controlled the desire to cause harm towards Knile as he sent her home while blessing her with a few spells.

The said man glances back at the books while remembering how she affected him.

With a skeptic look, he glances back at the garden while thinking of the crown princess. He soon realized what he's doing as his face turn red. He silently cursed himself as he went back to work.

Another hour passed and he finally decided to stop, out of frustration he decided to visit Rayll.

With a snap of his finger, he appeared next to Rayll, who was busy reading a book about his family history.

"Eh~ why would you read something boring?" He asked, his eyes gleamed.

"Research purposes. Anyways, how's the investigation going?"

Rayll, mailed the magician to do the investigation instead.

Rayll squatted as he stares at his friend. He already knew he would act goofy and childish when it comes to this stuff so he glared at him.

Of course, intimidation. The only emotion the three siblings possess and can scare people quite fast.

The magician gulped and avoided his glare. Minutes passed by and he finally decided to answer, already tired of the scary and awkward atmosphere.

"The assassination... I still don't have anything about it."

"I see..." Rayll muttered in defeat. It was a shame they couldn't find the mastermind.

The magician started fighting with himself if he's going to tell the new info he learned. He accidentally clicks his tongue in annoyance which alarmed Rayll that he's hiding something.

What can I say, they know each other better?

"Spit it out."

Judging from the tone of the voice, he was eager.

"You sure?"

The magician questioned, afraid how this will affect him.

"Yes."

"Well, don't blame me. I visited Knile yesterday and-"

"You what?!" Rayll suddenly yelled as his glaring face returned. The magician flinched as his eyes widen.

"As I said don't blame me and let me finish first!"

He cried as he ran towards the farthest corner.

"Fine." Rayll groaned.

"Well she was acting weird and I don't think we should investigate further about the assassins and instead investigate more about dark magic..." He fastly spoke.

"What?"

"As I said, Knile herself doesn't want to know the assassins! She said to just leave it be!" He childishly yelled as he pouted.

"Why would we even investigate stuff about dark magic?"

"It's because I need two brains to figure things out cause I don't know anymore!"

"You're out of ideas?"

"Exactly!"

Rayll looks at him in seriousness. He believes this wasn't a prank coming from him as usual. Investigating dark magic was illegal in this empire and knowing his friend, he doesn't know this rule exists since his an idiot.

"But why?" He asked.

The atmosphere grew cold and the magician's smile faded as both of them stare at each other's eyes. The area went silent and the light coming from the sun was now hidden by dark clouds.

"I had a vision..and... It was frightening. Furthermore it involves Knile..."

Her name took him by surprise.

"..Huh?.."

"Knile and the dragons... Both have connections. I have been investigating her and I still can't find any evidence but I swear there's something strange going on..."

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||:|

Thanks~

For

Reading~