71: Our Hidden True Self

I, with screwed reasonings and no objective-- decided it would be best to throw the villainess persona and start a new one. It's time I shall introduce myself as Kyoko, the intruder of this fantasy realm.

"How remarkable, the food does taste good."

Hearing my strange statement, he glances at me.

"And why the need to tell that? Aren't you supposed to look for poison in your food? Who knows, what if I accidentally sprinkled some?"

I'm being nice here.

"Don't get me wrong, it's a sincere compliment. I'm not starting another round of foolish argument."

"So you're flattering me? Do I need to return the pleasantry?"

"It's fine, I don't want to force you."

"My, how generous."

In the end, he returned it.

Bringing the glass to my mouth, I savor the wine. Incredibly, his compliment wasn't forced like expected. I was soon stunned when I learned he was applauding something else.

"The generosity of making those villagers rest in peace is beyond incredible. The woman-- imagine her suffering after realizing she has been living for 300 years without her husband. She must have been very happy when you gave her death." He stated, resting his b*tch face on his palm.

(Emotionless face=b*tch face... If you know what I mean-)

"She didn't retort to suicide?"

Surely, the loneliness and heartbreak were too much to handle.

"She attempted but, she felt there's no point in doing so. She's afraid once she died, her consciousness would fade into nothing, allowing her to forget about him and those happy memories."

I wonder what the dragons thought about death since humans worship them...

"So she would rather live and agonize just to preserve those memories? What a dedicated and strong woman."

It's impressive and foolish at the same time in my own understanding but I learned that people should shut up if they had nothing nice to say.

Crossing my legs for a comfortable position, I began cutting the juicy steak. The aroma provokes me and my attention was concentrated on the food as I think.

Is it possible...

Maybe she thought that was a second chance? Living without her beloved? Or was it a punishment similar to hell? Being alive again like me, how did she manage to survive that far? 300 years of pain...

The first time I saw her I didn't spot any sadness. My ability couldn't read her emotions through those aquamarine orbs.

"How about you? If somehow you found yourself deeply in love with someone, would you choose to stay and experience unbearable heartache just to preserve those memories or murder yourself after knowing sadness won't leave you?"

Wow, he made it so extreme my attention shifted towards him.

"I can't possibly decide."

"And why is that?"

"I doubt someone's out there has the ability to make me fell in love so badly I can't possibly live without them."

He raised his eyebrow and rested his utensil on the table.

"How pessimistic, it's a 'what if' question. I presume you've already accepted you will always be alone?"

"Just because I'm alone doesn't mean I'm lonely."