41: Hyll's Curse

"Now that was satisfying hmm~"

The sound of the wind howling answered her as she sighs once again. She didn't like how Rayll won't reply to her. He was silent after what happen and she hated it.

'Is it that sad to lose someone?'

She asks herself instead. She happily looks up to watch and enjoy the leaves falling from the trees. It was finally autumn and she couldn't help but giggle.

'I'm impressed. For her to continue the chaos for too long, that's quite something! Hyll descendant sure is amazing.'

She then looks at the boy beside him who was blankly gazing at her.

'I'm also impressed he hasn't changed yet.'

"Why?" He painfully asks that made her entertained. The sound of his voice ready to give up amuses her.

Glancing at his grandson, she earnestly smiled which irritated him. She then notices his fist clenching.

"What is it?" She innocently asks as the wind blows her white hair.

"Why we're you giggling?"

There was no hint of emotion from his words and face.

'Isn't that the same expression I saw from the mirror back then?' She thought. 'Rayll truly inherited my features!'

"Oh my! Did you finally brok-"

"Answer the damn question woman!" He immediately shouted, scaring a bunch of birds. His eyes burned with resentment and sorrow.

'Oh,'

Disappointment gradually took her.

'It wasn't the same expression I use to have...'

"Damn it woman answer it!" He once shouted again which brought her back from reality. She started noticing how his red usual aura turned black.

The sudden change reminded her of their cursed family. A curse that will torment them and their descendants forever.

'It's funny, history seems to repeat itself.'

"It hurts right?" Her usual teasing tone was replaced by a gentle and sad one.

Rayll gritted his teeth and glared at her.

"Don't act like you didn't lose your humanity. If you knew the consequences then you shouldn't have asked for his soul!"

It was getting on his nerves. He couldn't understand her.

'A while ago she's laughing and now, she's sad?!'

He knew he will never understand her, just how he didn't understand Knile. His family was rather, confusing.

"Yea... The moment my dark magic appeared, I lost humanity and I'm pretty sure, the same thing is happening with your sister."

"Don't you dare compare yourse-"

"The only thing different was that someone showed me the right path. Just imagined if your grandfather or rather a brother wasn't there for me... I'm pretty sure if he wasn't there then I've long destroyed this empire."

The male gasp as he looks away, another actualization hit him.

"You get it don't you? It was your fault for not showing her the right path. You people made her choose the wrong route. If she wasn't in too much despair, then do you think you'll lose your beloved friend?"

She was right. There was no denying it.

"No, your lying. His elder brother was the one who suffered from insanity." He tried to redirect the conversation in his favor to stop the guilt from breaking him even more. He was trying to protect himself from her words.