72: Amending The Tides

'Honestly, you deserve an Oscar.'

Her eyes widen in disappointment as she gazed downward, her complexion getting paler as her lips quivered.

The memories of his speech about devotion that caused her confusion, the game he made her play that gave her quite the fright, the strategy he arranges to mislead her-

How come she didn't realize it? How did he manage to make her see the wrong picture?

"I can't disagree with your statement since you're right." Hearing him admit how wrong she has, developed a feeling of vulnerability. Her skills and abilities to understand people were in question.

'All along you were planning on killing me.' Her shaking hands tightly clenched her raven strand. He was able to control her environment and she was fooled. During those little encounters, he used her own reasoning to trapped her.

'I was misled, I thought your goal was destruction, and the way to achieve that is to form an agreement with me.'

'I didn't recognize I was that important, all along I was the freaking goal.'

"Tell me, what am I to you?"

The twisted smile that reaches ear to ear never left her dejected eyes alone.

"You possess something that was once, mine." His unfazed expression made her think she was facing a real villain and his uncaring voice made things worst.

"My dark magic?"

"Don't call it yours."

His bitter voice sends shivers down her spine and she couldn't understand whether she should laugh because she's in fear or be angry for causing her to feel inferior.

"I'm quite fascinated even though I should be frightened. Making me lower my guard, those lies you created to delude me, making me feel like I can kill you once I've regained my stability- did my words and actions not fooled you?"

The villain notices how hard she tried to act as if there's nothing wrong- that she still has the upper hand. Watching her forced movements, confidence diminishing, and establishing more layers to protect herself was entertaining.

Where was that woman who looks at him as if she could easily finish him?

Where was the girl who thought she understands everything about him?

"Unfortunately for you and fortunately for me, they did not. You're skilled when it comes to deceiving people but I manage to distinguished the real you and you're real purpose. But, let's not destroy your remaining self-esteem- it's sad to admit how you force me to use my second plan."

Slightly tilting her head to the right, she clenches her fist.

"How did I do it?"

Even though it was his second plan, he still managed to predict her.

"You've changed your views. I was pleased when I learned you were suicidal because it's faster that way but, because of her death you unexpectedly change."

"It must've been awful when you changed plans."

The way she continues to ridicules someone was making no sense to him. How can she say something that wouldn't benefit her?

"Yet there's no saving you. You can't save your life anymore Kyoko. You're stuck in this tragic realm and you don't belong here. Just like that woman from the village, you're forcing yourself to live and suffer. Can't you understand how much pain this world will inflict upon you? The countless wounds it would torment you, the emotional trauma that has yet to come- I am your salvation Kyoko. I can save you from the evil the world has curse upon you."