75: Agony And Bliss

The chains that shackle her finally broke and the happiness that followed after her death still spur contentment every time she thought of it.

The world was unfair towards her, so unfair that receiving her happiness in this next life was something that is supposed to happen—the world was compensating.

Having the empire's seat, the thing she greedily wishes for was easily attained and the man who rejected her was finally hers. Her previous suffering was being paid in this second life but, the thought of her vessel still roaming and breathing saddens her.

The poor soul, the woman trapped in her cursed body. The wish to assist and possibly free her from the world's wrath remained as her objective.

Logically, involving matters with her won't do any good. It would only bring harm to her good name but that doesn't matter. Thanks to that poor soul, she managed to create a name for herself—to receive warmth from others.

How she dislikes how the world works! For her satisfaction, why must someone suffer in her place?! She understands how she deserves the happiness being given to her and she felt miserable.

"Your majesty," the servant lowly spoke. Distracted, her stares left the map that rested on the table and darted towards the attendant.

"His majesty is calling for you."

Her lips remained shut as she hurriedly ran, forgetting manners exist, and slammed the door open to his office. The sudden slamming of the door created a tense atmosphere between them. She was always known to be gentle and gracious.

"Did they finally found her?" She spoke at a loud and fast pace.

"No." His voice remained low and his golden orbs avoided her hopeful eyes that were soon filled with despair. "I notice your getting obsess with her and it worries me."

"Ah," her tone lowered as she sat in front of him. "You're wrong, I'm curious, and my attention is stolen by her. Are you somehow worried I'm not giving you enough attention? Is that it?"

He brought his hand to his lips, hiding the smile she manage to give. "I'm impressed you deciphered things quickly. You're right, I am quite unhappy with how things are turning. Your days are numbered yet you spent it searching for her. Do you hate her evil doings you're sacrificing your life to find and execute her? Is that your goal?"

A gentle smile suppressed her real emotions. To hide your identity and not to be able to share your thoughts and suffering from someone you adore torments the heart and conscience.

If you truly love him, and he does the same— he will accept you. He will acknowledge your darkest secrets and cruel thoughts and possibly, free you from them that tortures you every night.

To abandon what she desired, to withdraw her source of happiness, and to return from her previous miserable state, she didn't have the confidence to say the truth.

"Again with that smile? Tell me, do you want to end her?"

"Yes, I want to end her."

It makes her pathetic to utter those lies.

If she revealed the truth, she would receive countless resentment and everything would snap. Her wonderful life would shatter into tiny pieces and it can't be reform.

"As expected of the saintess~" he grumbled and wrapped his arm around her. "I'll help you bring an end to her if you wish. I'll send half of our army to search for that witch."

"No, no, it's fine. No need to trouble everyone."

"But she is a threat, she needs to be eradicated."