18: A Capable Villainess

Knile Hyll Reiss

Ha, I hate how I wasted another week doing nothing but sleeping.

And to top it all that, I can't see.

"What's going on," I ask Celestia as I click my tongue in annoyance. I woke up an hour ago with a bit of excitement only for that to be demolished with this current problem. I admit I want to try controlling dark magic and possibly enjoy myself.

I just receive a powerful source of magic and took control over this body that continuously reject my soul and guess what, I'm blind. I can open my eyes which is a relief but I only can see nothing.

So I did something I will forever despise.

I already called the light magician and she hasn't arrived yet and I doubt she will arrive since I am the villainess.

"Your eyes are quite mesmerizing my lady, but I'm afraid it resembles something which would terrify people. Right now, your previous red eyes which is a trait from the Hyll family are gone and got replaced by jewel eyes but not to worry, it is still red."

Jewel Red eyes... Isn't that the same eyes the dragon had?

Oh shit.

This just gives more evidence that I am connected with dark magic and dragons. It is already a common sense dragon shared jewel eyes. Once anyone found it out, It would be a game over. I would immediately be imprisoned, questioned, and executed without any preparation. Is this the aftermath given to me by fate? How impressive... It makes me scared tho.

"Sister, may I come in?" I heard a male's voice and I felt my heart skip. If someone sees this even my so so-called family I'll die!

"Celestia, quickly wrap a bandage around my eyes," I whispered. She seems to understand it as I heard her movements.

"Wait a minute.", she said as I felt the bandage being wrap. The bandage was tight and she quickly finishes the preparations. "You may come in."

The door click and I heard his footsteps coming towards me. I can't tell his emotions which is a shame but I can already tell he hates me for being weak. Weak for not defending myself properly from the assassins and suffering immensely just for greater power.

"Are... You feeling fine?"

Eh? What's with the tune? He sounds a bit worried. Ahaha, I don't know what fate did but I can tell this will soon backfire on me. I mean a villainess always gets betrayed, that's a given already.

"I think so," I answered, my voice hoarse. What do you expect? A seducing voice? Aha, with all of those screaming and crazy laughs, I don't think my voice will be ok as soon as I wake up.

"I'm asking what you feel not what you think."

Oh, isn't that the same?

"And yes, I think I'm fine. I suppose you should visit the doctor since there's something wrong with you instead."

I heard him click his tongue and I felt Celestia flinched since I forgot she was cleaning my wounds. I also don't know where I got those wounds so-

"I know it's new that I'm showing how worried I am about you but I hope you forgive me. Forgive me for not being there and not saving you back when you needed it. I promise from now on, I'll save you if you needed saving."

His voice..... It's not convincing enough. At least try to cry.

Nonetheless, do I look weak? Am I that weak that I need him saving me? Are his words even true? Why is he even asking for forgiveness when he doesn't need one? He can just brush the guilt alone and forget it. Or, is this a trick?

"I don't think I need anyone."

It's true though, I'm an overpowered blind villainess now. I have tons of plans that don't involve people so I think I'm quite capable. I could just easily blackmail or hypnotize someone if I need help. That kind of method is more trusting and reassuring. Trusting anyone emotionally is a bit new to me.

"I'm already capable of doing everything by myself. As you can see I'm still alive even though assassins almost killed me."

And besides, that promise could backfire and cause unknown conflicts and troubles. I don't fully understand and grasp the way you think and concepts you believe in and without knowing them, I wouldn't trust you.

Even you offering yourself to me is a sign you're up to something, good or bad. You just being near me is risky because you might figure out my plans and prevent me to get there. Not to mention you'll also put restrictions on me. Concerning yourself with my activities will also bring difficulties to me, especially if you value something I am planning to annihilate.

"But can't you understand? If I'm by your side I can prevent those things from happening." He calmly spoke.

"I already lost mother and I'm not willing to lose you." He whispered.

He's being persistent. Well, at least we aren't talking about my eyes.

"Are you perhaps belittling my abilities and intellect? Did you forget who I am? If you did, let me remind you of things, I am Knile daughter of Duke Silver Reiss and Duchess Reighn Hyll. The two dukedoms who fought 300 years ago."

Those are the only words I know that will make him think that I am also powerful. I learned nobles also use their title and power to remind people what they're capable of. I also think those words are what a villainess usually states.

"I understand," replied he. "I hope you recover soon before your coming-of-age ceremony." The sound of his footsteps going away brought relief and comfort.

"Celestia, do you remember when's my birthday?" I ask unsure.

"You don't remember your birthday?!"

Why is she shock than I am?

"Why should I? Besides, the maid must remember her master's birthday."

"That's just you abusing your power my lady. Anyways, I heard the other maids whispering Celestine is turning 18,  two days from now on."

"Eh."

Ha, I seriously hope the heroine is coming to heal yours truly. I'm still needed to cause drama and entertainment since that's the struggle of a villainess. And honestly, why is Knile's birthday soon? Now I'm gonna be diverted from my goal!