52: The Day Before Her Execution

'What does it really mean to win?'
.
.
.
.

"The five Dukes have come to a wise conclusion." A priest exclaimed. The nobles stayed silent as they gaze at the ground. Everyone knew the outcome yet hearing the declaration of her execution creates enthusiasm and anticipation.

The heroine gulped as she intertwined her fingers with the prince. The prince smiled at her behavior and the feeling of fulfillment overcome his distress. Months of planning on assassinating her were ineffective since she created reasons for her execution. He couldn't wait to smell her burning flesh and hear her terrified screams during the execution.

Finally, she was gonna die. He felt as if he won. The throne was solely dedicated to him and no one threatens to steal it anymore.

Rayll, as cold-blooded as he looks; inside he was pleased. The sacrifice of his friend wasn't a waste. He gazes towards the ceiling and remembered how Arundel smile. The pain of losing him was still undeniably severe. He drifted his gaze towards her so-called sister. He holds no forgiveness towards Knile after everything she did. He was an idiot to declare protection upon her.

Thinking back to the time he felt worried about her was something new and regrettable. After what the princess stated, he doesn't feel guilty about anything anymore. What Knile did wasn't the cause of their actions but something she chooses herself. They weren't responsible for her misery and it was her own fault all along. I mean come on, why dwell on your suffering when you can ignore it? She should've ignored her suffering and focus on her happiness. Blaming other people because of your shortcomings was the lowest of the low. He clenched his fist as his eyes glow. Oh, how embarrassing to have a weak and pathetic sister who can't deal with her grief alone.

Nash, the honorable dark knight now knows the reason why she cut ties with him. Crying over her leaving was something he couldn't believe his self would do. He realizes it now thanks to the princess. Knile used to push people away then blame them for not being there.

'What a hypocrite' he thought.

If she wanted someone to be there for her, why did she push him away?

No matter how he thinks about it, she has a problem.

And that is her unhealthy and crazy intellect. There was no saving her in the first place.

Astley, he didn't associate himself with her. It was on instinct to not socialize with her because there was something wrong. He couldn't decipher it back when they were kids but after the trial, he now knows. She was someone he will never understand. A walking bomb that will explode at a given specific time, snatching everything down with her. He was quite proud he didn't receive any damage during her reign of destruction.

The insight he receives from the princess was also quite beneficial.

'As expected from the princess, she's so brilliant,' he thought. 'Thanks to the princess, the goddess choose to help us.'

And oh yeah, he's quite religious.

"Knile Hyll Reiss, you are to be burned at the stake tomorrow. You had confessed your crimes and with everything that has been going on, it's best to kill the source of the curse."

'I won.'

'I did it.'

'I finish the story.'

Cheers erupted from the nobles and tears of satisfaction appeared. It was temporary happiness but who cares as long as she gets to be executed. They were quite delighted she was gonna die. They didn't know she was also happy because finally, she was gonna die and be forgotten.