Chapter 34

Yuna muttered, "Do I know you from somewhere?" The boy began to break out in a cold sweat. He looked away while answering, "I just know about you. We don't actually know each other." She could tell that he wasn't lying, but there was something he was hiding from her. She continued to ask him questions, "How do you know me?"

He scratched the back of his head and said, "I just hear a lot about you from people." Yuna questioned, "And who are these people? I'm starting to think that there's something that you're hiding. Who are you? Did someone ask you to kill me?" He frowned, "Why do you have so many questions? Is it that important? Do I look like someone that would hurt you? If I were going to hurt you, you wouldn't be standing here right now. Plus, why would I bandage your arm if I wanted you dead?"

She wanted to keep asking him questions, but he had a point. He didn't have to tell her anything. He did help her with her wound and he was helping her get back to the main courtyard. He didn't do anything to hurt her. She felt guilty about questioning him and doubting him.

Maybe she was being a bit too sensitive. Especially since she just got away from her ex-lover. She was on edge since she met the Empress and Minho. She didn't know who to trust, but this boy has done nothing but help her. She decided to drop it and stop questioning him.

She apologized, "I'm sorry I misunderstood you. I've just been going through a lot lately." He blurted out, "Stop apologizing. It makes you seem weak. You're always apologizing to me. Don't you feel sick and tired of saying sorry all the time? It was just a misunderstanding, so you don't need to apologize." She nodded, "I'm sorry."

He facepalmed, "You did it again." She had no clue why she was constantly apologizing to him. She smiled, "I won't say sorry as often anymore. I just can't help it. I feel like I'm bothering you." He frowned, "You aren't, so quit it. I hate hearing those two words the most. My mom used to say those words to me all the time until she stopped coming to see me."

He seemed to be lost in thought about his mother. Yuna had no clue what his past was like, but he looked sad. For the first time in her life, Yuna felt someone else's pain other than her own. So, she wasn't the only one that was going through a tough life. She felt the whole world hurl insults at her and curse her for a crime she didn't commit. How could she not understand being abandoned by everyone? She knew the feeling clearly.

She interrupted his negative thoughts when she said, "You know, not all parents are always going to be there for you. It's sad, but it's the truth.

I'm sure all of those bad parents will receive bad karma someday. So, don't be so sad about someone else's failure. You could make a new family if you wanted." Yuna felt like hitting herself after finishing her sentence. Why did she have to mention family? She must be losing her marbles.

She sounded like someone that was looking forwards to getting married and finding a husband. She quickly corrected herself, "I don't mean finding a wife. I meant you can find friends that are like family." She looked extremely flustered, but he didn't pay attention to any of that.

He responded in a cold voice, "I don't need anybody. I never said I was sad about it. Don't jump to conclusions. I'm used to it already. My mother was never around and neither has my father. I grew up to be perfectly fine without them. So, I don't need your pity."

She didn't realize that she had touched his sore spot. He hated being pitied more than anything. Most of the people around him pitied him, but none of them genuinely cared. Not understanding that he would become

even more of a porcupine when talking about his personal life, she gloated, "I wasn't worried at all! We're just strangers. Why would I be worried about your personal life?"

She turned her back to him for a bit, hoping that he would just leave her alone. He sighed, "Let's just keep going. We're almost there." She couldn't get used to being around this porcupine. He constantly said cold things that hurt. She followed behind him quietly. When they finally got to the main courtyard, they heard shouts and swords clanging against each other.

Yuna felt herself break out in a cold sweat. There was a fight happening in the courtyard. It sounded like the palace was being attacked. The boy gestured to Yuna to be quiet and to stick closely behind him. Yuna put her back against the palace walls and tried her best to not let herself be seen by anybody. They slowly approached the corner of the building. One step and they could see what was going on.

Yuna felt her heart drop when she saw the scene. There were nobles running away and ninjas jumping around fighting off guards. The royal family was being guarded heavily by the guards while some of the nobles were being slaughtered by the ninjas. Yuna instantly searched for her parents. She caught the sight of her father fighting off a ton of ninjas by himself. Her mother was surrounded by her father's guards. They were protecting her from the ninjas.

Yuna began rushing towards them without focusing on the dangerous battlefield ahead of her. There were a few ninjas that noticed her instantly. They were told to slay her on sight. A group of ninjas cornered Yuna to a wall. They had their swords out ready to slay her. The boy that was next to her was not with her. When she sprinted towards her mother, she wasn't paying much attention to him.

When she was cornered, Yuna thought of a billion ways to get out of this situation. She then realized that she had a taser with her. She invented a taser in this world for emergencies. She avoided a ninja's sword swiftly and put the taser on his stomach. The ninja began twitching when the taser touched. He instantly dropped to the floor while twitching.

The other ninjas were shocked. How did she do that? They were shocked to see the weapon the girl was carrying. It looked like a mythical weapon created from the gods. There were electric lines that were visible on the taser. Only one of its kind must exist in this world. The ninjas that saw the weapon, grew greedy for it.

They dashed forwards and tried to retrieve the weapon but got hit by her taser. Most of them were on the floor rolling around groaning in pain, but there were still a few left, that noticed how weak she was in martial arts. The two ninjas nodded at each other and both darted towards her. They tackled her to the ground and the taser flew out of her hand.

She felt frustrated because she remembered all the moves of famous martial artists in the modern world, but she couldn't make her body listen to her. She hadn't trained her body and her movements seemed sluggish. She also wasn't stronger than a male that trained their bodies to be assassins.

She closed her eyes in defeat when she saw the sword coming down on her. Yuna felt depressed that this was the way she was going to die in her third life. She hadn't even reached the age of her first life's death. What a bust.