Chapter 19

The ninja changed into a normal outfit that made him look like a travelling martial artist. He was outstanding at martial arts and his steps were mastered to the point that he could fly through the trees without any problem. He had superhuman speed that surpassed his brethren. He was known for his speed and stealth.

They arrived at the Kim residence in no time. The guards stopped the two people from entering. "What brings you here?" Haemi spoke up, "I am the niece of the general. I've suffered a major trauma that needs urgent attention. Please get the general to help me."

After listening to their explanation, the guard immediately sent one of the other guards to inform the general. The general was spending quality time with his daughter and felt extremely peeved by the soldier that had interrupted their teatime. The soldier knew that it wasn't smart to let the daughter know of the details, so he whispered the information to the general.

Junho stood up from his seat and apologized to Yuna. He departed after saying, "I'm sorry, Yuna. There is a matter that needs my attention. After everything is settled, I'll be back." Yuna wasn't too worried and let her father go take care of his matters. She had a book she was craving to read.

Junho stepped out of the gates and watched as Haemi was covered in a boy's cloak. She was shivering and her acting seemed believable. Upon noticing her uncle's appearance, Haemi broke out into a loud cry that annoyed him to no end. She grabbed onto his sleeves while begging him, "Uncle, I have been wronged greatly. I would like to speak to you privately. I don't want everyone to know what's happened."

Junho sighed, "Alright, but first, I need to know who this person is." He pointed at the martial artist that was behind them. Haemi explained, "He's just a passerby that saved me. Now that I'm here safely, I would like for him to rewarded handsomely. I'll explain to you what has happened later. Is it okay if we send him on his way?"

Junho wasn't too interested in the man and sent him on his way with a bag containing gold. He didn't care too much about the situation and took Haemi into the residence. When they arrived inside the courtyard, he demanded the guards and servants to give them privacy. As soon as they left, she fell down on the floor like a flower that was about to wilt.

She cried, "There were assassins that were found on the way to my residence. They murdered all of your guards and almost had a chance to rape me. Luckily, that man earlier saved me. If it weren't for him, I don't know what could've happened to me. I'm so frightened, uncle. Would you allow for me to stay in your residence for just one day? I would like to seek justice for the injustices I have experienced. Please help me."

Junho absolutely hated scheming women and it looked like he was stuck in this mess. He should've expected this outcome. If Haemi was the deceptive girl that he thought she was, it could be that she hired those men to help her. He didn't know for sure if this were all Haemi's doing, but he knew that there was hardly any bandits or assassins that would attempt to kill a girl like Haemi.

Haemi wasn't a person of interest and it was an obvious attempt at trying to get into his residence. He had dealt with many people like that and it wasn't any different from Haemi. He immediately instructed his soldiers to investigate the situation. He let the servants lead Haemi to a spare room to let her rest and recover. He initially wanted to kick her out, but he didn't want to deal with the headache of people judging his household. His family reputation would be in the gutter if people started talking about how he treated Haemi so poorly. She wasn't powerful, but he couldn't have random people voicing out how cruel he was towards family. It was a headache dealing with his elders.

They believed reputation was important in keeping a well-balanced household. His elders weren't the family head, but they still had enough authority to take the head position from him. He decided that it would be best if he let the situation cool down a bit while letting Haemi stay in a secluded part of the house.

He wouldn't have to worry about Haemi getting her hands on Yuna if he kept their houses far from each other. He wasn't worried about Haemi getting a chance to meet Yuna during her stay. His estate was guarded heavily by his well-trained soldiers.

Yuna wasn't usually outside, but it felt stuffy inside her room. The heat was unbearable and there was no air conditioning for her to feel comfortable in her room. Most people would get their servants to bring blocks of ice to cool down, but Yuna would rather not command her servants for anything. She'd rather have her own privacy than deal with servants that liked to gossip.

Luckily for her, it was cooler outside. The wind made the temperature bearable outside. Yuna decided to take a stroll in her family's garden to cool down a bit. She would also come across Sun in the garden. She was always willing to spend time with Sun. It was easy for Yuna to trust in her because she had proof of Sun's loyalty from her previous lifetime.

Ever since she was a little girl in her past life, she used to enjoy spending her afternoons in the most beautiful part of the garden. The roses and flowers littered the place with vibrant colors. The pond glittered in the sunlight and the koi fish decorated the pond. Yuna enjoyed dipping her feet in the pond while enjoying nature on most occasions.

The pond looked magical with all the Sakura petals that floated on the surface. The Sakura Tree had been planted in this location for 100s of years. If only this location was more private, she wouldn't have to deal with bothersome people. As soon as she thought this, a girl not much older than her appeared before her.

The girl was dressed beautifully. The pink hanbok (Korean traditional clothing) that the girl wore looked familiar. On closer inspection, Yuna could tell that it was one of her favorite dresses. Yuna felt irritated looking at her dress being worn by her cousin, Haemi. It was inevitable that Yuna would meet Haemi someday. She just didn't expect to meet her so soon.

She grinded her teeth looking at the girl that took everything from her. She had chosen to live life freely without dealing with them, but it didn't look like she would have it easy. Especially when Haemi was adamant on getting Yuna to hand over everything she had. First it was her dresses and accessories and eventually her husband. She didn't care for her ex-husband and she wasn't that interested in material possessions.

She just hated the fact that Haemi was trying to take everything when it didn't belong to her. No matter where Yuna went, Haemi would probably try everything to scheme against her. If only she wasn't so easily swayed by this cousin of hers, she would've noticed that she was two-faced a long time ago.

At first, Yuna wanted to hide and run away from her cousin, but eventually realized that running away wouldn't solve anything. The best

way to deal with people like her, was to put her in her place. Yuna especially despised fake, narcissistic girls like Haemi. Let's see what she has up her sleeves. Yuna didn't know, but she sure as hell would make her regret even thinking about scheming against her.