Chapter 27

The Empress noticed that her husband was planning on allowing this request and felt irritated. She wanted to kill this girl on the spot when she heard her intentions. She could not let some little girl ruin her plans. She painstakingly convinced the Emperor to marry her off and this little girl was standing in the way.

Before the Emperor could speak, the Empress cut him off, "How can we believe that you are a capable teacher? You are just a little girl. I don't think that you can offer any kind of education that would be helpful for the princess."

Yuna unexpectedly countered the Empress, "Would you believe me if I proved it to you?" The Empress scoffed, "I would like to see you try. How would you like to test your knowledge, little girl? I don't think you'll be able to answer any of the questions that I have for you. I doubt that you'd be able to teach Princess Ara. She's much older than you. What makes you think you can just become a teacher without any credibility?"

The Emperor added on, "I do agree with the Empress on this one. I find it difficult to trust that you could teach Princess Ara with your age and all. If you could prove it to us, maybe we could allow your request. If you cannot answer the questions, I'm afraid that we will have to deny the request."

Yuna was unfazed despite everyone's doubt towards her. She was used to people judging her without actually getting to know her. It wasn't unusual for most to doubt her especially since she looked younger than most 12-year-old girls. She was ready for whatever question they would ask. Yuna was determined, "I can answer any questions you may ask, so please go ahead."

The Empress decided to let her husband ask the questions. After all, she wasn't the smart one in the relationship. She just wanted to see the little girl struggle. If her husband asked the questions, she had no worries. All she had to do was sit back and watch the show. The Empress wasn't worried one bit about the result.

The Emperor said, "I'll ask you a total of 3 questions so that we could make sure that you can keep up with the Princesses studies. They may be even harder for a prince to answer. I just want to make sure that Princess Ara gets the best education she can get. If you can't answer the question, no one will blame you. So please feel reassured."

The questions that the Emperor were planning to ask were extremely difficult. The Emperor did not know the answer himself but wanted to ask them regardless of how difficult they were. He wanted to see how she would answer the question. If she failed, he would then ask the princes.

He already knew that the little girl in front of him wouldn't be able to answer the questions. He also knew that the whole kingdom was at this party. He wanted to find someone that could answer the questions and then implement the procedures to better his kingdom. This was an opportunity for him to get opinions from the public.

He did not want the public to know that he had any problems in his kingdom. It was common for kings and queens to show only the good things about royalty. He did not want the public doubting his reign. He wanted to be seen as the all-knowing emperor that could rule a kingdom without any difficulties.

The best way for him to find the answers to these problems that arose in the kingdom was to find someone else that could. He could not let this opportunity go. It was perfect that Yuna was the one being tested. He could then use the questions to find the person that could resolve the issues that he was facing.

The emperor began his questioning, "The 1st question I would like to ask is if there is a drought that was threatening the citizens livelihood, how would you go about fixing this problem?"

Yuna would definitely have a more difficult time answering this question if it were in modern society, because of how overpopulated earth was. It was also difficult to keep up with the intake of water because of the modern toilets, sink and showers they had. It wasn't too difficult to solve this problem in this world because the lack of water came from only relying on one water source which was the rain.

Yuna answered, "I have various methods that come to mind. The first method is the most efficient method I could think of. Our kingdom gets water from rainfall and water from streams and rivers. I believe that there is another method to obtaining water and that is through spring water. If you do not know what I'm talking about, I'm referring to water that is naturally produced in the mountains."

The Emperor was shocked when he heard the vast amount of information that was contained in Yuna's answer. He did not expect that Yuna would have multiple solutions to one question. He was shocked beyond words.

Yuna continued explaining, "The second method I would like to mention is purifying water. I'm sure that no one believes there could be anything that could make ocean water drinkable, but there is. I do not think that this method would be possible until I personally invent this item. So, I would still go with the first method for the time being."

Everyone gasped in wonder when they heard Yuna's second method. They could not believe there was anything in this world that could purify water. If it wasn't magic, how was it possible for something like that to exist? They wanted to see if this little girl could actually create such an item.

Yuna didn't bother with the crowd of stunned citizens and continued, "The last method would require a significant amount of time, but I believe it would solve the drought long term. It probably will not solve the problem if the kingdom was in desperate need of water in a short amount of time. This method involves growing trees. I know that most of you may think that growing trees seems pointless. I would like to tell everyone that growing trees are a long-term solution that can help prevent droughts in the future. The reason is because trees help with precipitation and it would help with rainfall."

Most of the citizens were lost when they heard the word precipitation. They did not know such a word and it felt like they were lacking in knowledge compared to this little girl. How did she know so much for her age? They were curious.

The Emperor was stunned by Yuna's unexpected knowledge that surpassed anyone. He was starting to think that the General was hiding her on purpose. He should've listened to the constant ravings about his daughter. He didn't believe that a little girl could be so smart. The General used to praise his daughter for being a genius and he now knew that the general was not lying.

Minho was lost in thought when he heard Yuna's answer. He didn't expect this girl to be smarter than him. He probably wouldn't have been able to answer the first question if he were in her situation. He felt ashamed that he could not answer this question while Yuna could. He began to see Yuna in a different light.

Meanwhile, Jimin was also thinking the same thing. He watched the girl formulate the answers to this difficult question. What was shocking was that each time she exceeded his expectations, she grew more beautiful with each word. Her answers revealed her passion for knowledge that he had never seen in a woman.

It never occurred to both Minho and Jimin that true beauty lied in someone's personality. They always thought that beauty was just the outer appearance. When Yuna's true nature was revealed, they could sense that her passion was what made her seem more beautiful. Her eyes lit up and her whole being was like looking at a flower that was beginning to bloom.

Now that they saw her true nature, she didn't seem as simple as they thought she was. She was unique and no one could compare to her. The ladies in the palace were beautiful, but no one seemed as bright as she was. Their eyes remained glued to the girl that exceeded their expectations.

Yuna was oblivious to their gazes. She remained focused on answering the questions that the emperor had. She didn't have the time to worry about princes that were slowly becoming interested in her. If she

knew they were becoming interested; she definitely would have been more low-key. She had no choice in the matter because she was bent on preventing the princess' future marriage.